1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bought my barcelona v celtic ticket....

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by deegee75, Sep 16, 2012.

Discuss Bought my barcelona v celtic ticket.... in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. deegee75

Hi,
    I'm from Glasgow and bought tickets for the Barca v Celtic game at the noucamp a week or so ago from the offical FCBarcelona.com website. The tickets are on the halfway line in with the home support, at no time while buying these tickets was i prompted that needed a passport to pick them up or if i was from the UK that i cant buy them.
    My dilemma is I have since seen post's on here and elsewhere saying "You will not be able to pick your tickets with a UK passport etc". Can any one link me to a offical page saying this? as i can't find anything about if you have UK passport you wont get the tickets on the FCBarca website.

2. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    According to a Q&A for Celtic fans on Barca's website,you won't need your passport.

3. deegee75

hi Marie, can you give me a link to that website please?

4. Swervedancer Guest

Hi, I just went through the process to check if I could buy a ticket and at no point did it say I couldn't buy one if I reside in the UK. I read all the terms and conditions and it does indeed say the credit/debit card AND national passport must be used as ID.

Quote from site:

"C) The purchase of tickets via the FC BARCELONA official website offers a ticket printing service, which enables (i) printing of the ticket at the moment that the purchasing process is finalised (downloading a pdf file) or, (ii) saving the archive on the computer to be printed later.
    In exceptional situations, for technical and/or security reasons, the ticket printing service may be deactivated, in which case, the PURCHASER must visit the Club ticket offices at least 2 hours before the match, in order to collect the ticket/s. To collect the tickets, the PURCHASER must present the ticket office with:
    * The credit / debit card that was used to make the purchase.
    * The credit /debit cardholder’s national ID card/ passport

If the tickets are collected by a third party other than the PURCHASER, this person must present the credit / debit card that was used to make the purchase, the PURCHASER’s original national ID card and signed authorisation from the PURCHASER for the ticket to be collected by this person, as well as the original national ID card or passport of the third party collecting the tickets."

I didn't enter my card details though so unless it says something after it confirms the card being issued in the UK then I don't see a problem. Why can't Barca fans live in the UK?

The only slight thing of note on the ticket purchase page is this message:

"FC Barcelona reserve the right to relocate or deny access to the stadium to fans of opposing teams who have bought tickets for games at Camp Nou in areas that do not correspond to the areas set aside for visiting supporters"

I can only imagine that being applied to people who turn up in opposing team colours or generally behaving like an opposing team fan by singing their songs etc?

So it's a mystery to me too I'm afraid.

I wish you luck with your ticket because it sounds like a great area and what a stadium!

I also love the facility to show you an actual photo view from your seat before you purchase, really makes some difference compared to the flat seating plan.

5. Papillon

There's been a few conflicting stories about the passport issue- just found a enlglish line for their ticket office will give them a bell tommorow and find out what the script is.

6. Swervedancer Guest

I just did a quick Google search and I don't know how official this site is but if you look down the Q&A list it says there is no problem whatsoever for Celtic fans to buy tickets for the home end lol it doens't even say disguise yourself as a Messi FanBhoy :100:

http://visitnoucamp.co.uk/2012/09/fc-barcelona-v-celtic-a-qa/

7. deegee75

Thanks everyone for the info. Gave me food for thought, think I might just chance it :)

8. deegee75

Any chance you could give me that phone number?
    :celt_2:

9. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

10. deegee75

This is what I mean, conflicting do's and dont's. Cheers for the link I'll check it out.

11. Papillon

+34 93 496 3600 :50: tried phoning earliar couldn't get through will give it a bash again tommorow.

12. deegee75

Nice one, yeah let me know if you get through to them. Be interested in what they say regarding ticket situation.
    Failing that I do have a plan B for picking up the tickets. It said on the email confirmation for the tickets, that some can pick them up on our behalf. All they need is a photo copy of the credit card and and a letter from me authorising that the person can pick them up. We found out yesterday that my brother has a friend that lives in Barcelona and her husband is Spanish :) so his ID will be Spanish. This should pretty much sort us for the tickets I would think.

13. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    When buying tix online for Celtic games you can get a pic of the view as well, not for each seat, but for the area you're buying them in.

Btw. since they offer a print out option, which to my understanding doesn't require anything, why don't you choose that? Print it at home and you're ready to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012