1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crispy Bacon

Fav Celtic Player:
    at present-Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Stop now please....

[​IMG]

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    They do but they're not what they once were. I think if Inter and even Newcastle came in for one of our players Van Dijk for example he'd probably go to Newcastle. Playing in the better League against better players in better stadia. Seems a happier environment to me than Serie A. Serie A's a depressing sight nowadays and Italian teams dont really do anything in Europe now either.

10 year ago you'd have laughed in Newcastle's faces(even though they got into the CL around then too) but Inter had * like Cannavaro, Cordoba, Zanetti, Recoba, Vieri, Crespo. Now they've got Nagamoto, Guarin, Hernanes and Palacio.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  3. Mr. Slippyfist

Yes, the San Siro is an absolute eyesore:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I too would rather move toHull - where the rugby is more loved than the fitba - than the City of Milan.............

4. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    I think it has something to do with the fact he has a young kid and is not with the mother so would hardly see his kid if he moved to Italy was one the reasons he rejected the move to Cardiff / Swansea in jan .

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

To choose Newcastle over Inter Milan would be embarrassing. Say what you will about the "stadia" in Italy, but the country itself is beautiful - far nicer than England with a better climate. It can't be that depressing if players such as Tevez and Higuain signed for Italian clubs when they no doubt had offers from elsewhere.

Italian teams don't do anything in Europe...what's that got to do with Ince's decision? It's not as if Hull have any chance of doing something in Europe. And I doubt he'd give a * if Chelsea were to win the CL simply because he plays in the same league as them.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    [​IMG]

7. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Thats a fair point, I'm just a positive guy. I think they only need a few new faces - a few decent faces and they can win the league again. A good manager would benefit them greatly aswell.

I honestly don't believe the stadiums are that bad, a few have been renovated and Juventus have a new stadium. There are many more being planned. The reason why there are 'empty-ish' stadiums is because most of them are massive - 50k-80k and you just won't get that in the current climate in Italy. Inter had an average home attendance of 46k last season - thats more than most of the English league. The rest of the clubs are the same - they get quite good crowds.

The San Siro is a beautiful stadium aswell - i've visited it. Its majestic, yet industrial. Cracking arena.

He is in danger of becoming 'lost' in a team like Hull. Good performances won't save him and it will be harder to do that with a * team like Hull. He'l need to move again before he can move on to a bigger club.

He's done this for the money. Because as we know - England will give over the odds for English players.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Still looks like a lovely stadium........

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Their average crowd last season was 45,000, less than ours even though their stadium holds 20,000 more people and people complain about our attendances/atmosphere. Imagine there was an extra 23,000 empty seats around us.... then you have Inter at home.

In the EPL every team has over 80% capacity, only 3 teams have less than 92%.

In Serie A only 4 teams average over 80% and only 1 team over 90%. 6 teams average under 60%.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Please don't post stats to me mate, I literally do not give a * about them.

Hull>>>>>>>>>>Inter Milan.

11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Maybe he's a shitebag that thinks he might get found out in a foreign country so playing it safe being a big player for a pish team instead of just another face in the Serie A.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Everybody knows they are a bigger club and historically more successful. But currently Hull play in the far superior environment.

I wouldnt move to Inter, just see them and Seria A as a depressing sight in comparison to England and im not even English.

Id also rather move to a team like Stuttgart than Inter.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

You've obviously never set foot in Hull if you think moving there instead of Milan would be less depressing.

Woukd you rather join, lets say, West Brom or Aston Villa over Inter???

14. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    As Bertie Auld said: ''Hull is only good for fishermen.''

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    :56::50:

But if I was a player I wouldnt really be setting foot in Hull, id be living in my big fancy house and "working" in better stadia coming up against better team and better players.

Than in Serie A where id be "working" in old stadia, a lot nowhere near full against worse players and out of sight of family and pals. No * in the UK really even watched Italian football any more.

If you're a footballer then the only places to be are England or Germany or a select few teams or a CL team from the other bigger Leagues. But you wouldnt want to play in the other Leagues Spain/Italy/France/Russia/Portugal for non CL teams.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

I mean no harm in this, but you are the definition of an EPL fan boy :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

You can dress it up all you like, but Hull >>>>>>>>>Inter Milan.

17. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Barcelona and Liverpool have started talks on Luis Suarez. Representatives met in London. Liverpool ask 80M, Barcelona offer 60M.

18. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Barcelona should throw in Alexis or Pedro as part of the deal that will get him

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Im no even really an EPL fanboy, just see it as a better place to play football than Italy by far. I tried to watch some Serie A games last season but it's just woeful, no atmosphere, barely any good players - sums it up really that AC Milan and Inter want to sign players from QPR and Blackpool(Taarabt and Ince).

It's well down "Hull" from the EPL.

If Inter were in the CL then id go there but they're not and probably not going to, so you're really only joining them to play Domestic football(with little chance of winning anything) and Europa League(basically nothing nowadays, especially for an Italian team as they dont even play their best players in it and dont take it seriously). You'd rather play domestic football in the EPL even for a worse EPL team than an Italian team.

20. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    I think thats the problem in all honesty. Sean Daleer said many youths have 'gorged' on the English league and therefore view that as football, full stop.

Therefore they think all these plastic, * modern bowls with no soul and no atmosphere are the business when they have not a patch on the classic, vintage stadiums.