1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

They done it with Torres.

At the end of the day, money talks, and if Man City really wanted to buy him, then I think Liverpool would sell. Every player has a price.

2. Dáibhí

I think Torres was already on a downward slide by then, and Liverpool now consider themselves as title contenders. Selling Suarez to a title rival really would show that they don't consider themselves as a permanent top 3 side.

I'm telling you, if he does leave it'll be for Spain. It's a certainty.

3. murphy88

If Man City come in with an offer that matched the one of Madrid's for Gareth Bale, then they would snap the hand off them, I've no dount in my mind about that. I don't think they will though, and I agree that if he leaves, then Spain is the most likely destination. That doesn't mean I don't think Liverpool would accept an offer from another English team though. As I said, money talks. Torres was arguably about to enter his peak years when Liverpool sold him to Chelsea.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Torres was 100% on the way down when Liverpool sold him, they knew this, his last season at Liverpool was awful, he'd played through too many injuries.

5. Dáibhí

Sorry Murphy, I have to disagree with you. I think the owner at Liverpool made his point last season with Suarez, and that was that he wasn't selling.

If he does sell it certainly won't be to a rival in the title race. I think the current ownership group at the club doesn't have to sell, as it showed last season. Virtually no one saw Suarez still being at Liverpool after the summer, yet he was, because the ownership took a tough stance with him.

Suarez will either be playing abroad next season, or with Liverpool.

6. murphy88

I'm not disagreeing with that. I said that in my last post.

However, if a bid matching Gareth Bale's come in for him from a fellow English team, do you really believe they would knock it back?

7. TartanBhoy

BBC Sport

Manchester United are close to completing a deal to sign midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao

I never saw this coming back hopefully we can sign him quickly

8. Dáibhí

Honestly? With the current ownership group running things i'm not all that sure. You have to remember that these US ownership groups don't think like normal football club owners.

Anyway, we all know that as soon as it even looked like Liverpool were willing to sell Real Madrid would be all over it.

9. Heisenberg

i was just fishing with my post earlier, don't see suarez leaving liverpool

10. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Moyes in black suits again

11. Glasgow_Bhoy88

Suarez won't leave Liverpool, Arsenal matched his buy-out last season and they still refused contract talks. (Breaking the rules as well mind)

12. BelfastCelt88

Manu Sainz, Jorge Mendes best friend confirms Ramadel Falcao will be joining Real Madrid next season, Florentino has always wanted him at the Bernabeu. Attended alot of CL games last season also. As far as I can remember there was a deal that Falcao would go to Monaco for a year then leave for Real. Means, Luis Suarez will either be at Barcelona or Liverpool next season. Barcelona is to confirm Claudio Bravo very soon.

United have got a decent player in getting Ander Herrera from Bilbao, can also play in the number 10 role.

13. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Dinamo Moscow have confirmed the signing of Alexander Buttner from Manchester United.

[​IMG]

14. Dáibhí

Suarez at Barca would be immense.

Having both him and Falcao playing in Spain next year would be awesome! :icon_mrgreen:

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Suarez, Messi and Neymar would probably be the best front 3 that had ever played together if that happened. All 3 can skin * for fun, are good goalscorers, creative players and can all play really any forward position.

Would have been the equivalent of like Platini, Maradona and Zico playing in the same team.

16. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bale Falcao Ronaldo

Maybe better? Both would be incredible

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Didn't break any rules, just a clever contract.

18. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Big difference between Arsenal and Real or Barca if they come in for him and Liverpool try the same tactics Suarez will kick off big time and do everything in his power to force a move .

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    A great forward line but wouldnt really link-up half as good as the other 3.

Falcao is better than Benzema and Higuain but there's only so much he can do when they dont really get that good a service as both Ronaldo and Bale are goalscorers rather than creators too and often shoot or pass back to get themselves in the box for stuff coming in rather than them trying to play off and set up a forward.

Similar to Commons for us last season I think, his first couple of seasons he was a team player, who got on the ball pinged passes forward, quite creative. Last season he turned into more of a Ronaldo or a Bale, where he changed his game to score more goals, rather than ping the ball across or up the park or carry it a bit and try and play in a forward, he passed it back, sideways to allow himself to get into scoring positions.

Messi, Neymar and Suarez play more freely and combine with other players, it's just natural for them to play "normal" and it being good play.

20. Sonny7

Ahead of Ronaldo Rivaldo & Ronaldinho?