1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    The €38m release clause is only active for Spanish clubs, Chelsea getting him for that due to the Thibaut Courtois factor .

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Liverpool need 3 big players. Centre-back, defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder. Probably to replace Agger, Lucas and Moses.

If I was them id go for Hummels, Song and Lallana. Hummels would be ideal for them playing from the back, Song again good creative player not really that good at defending though but him and Gerrard would do ok and Lallana to add depth up front as after Sterling and Coutinho they have nothing really.

Spending big on a player like Hummels would be a good signal of intent too to other teams.

3. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    So they are letting Atletico keep Courtois?

That means he is probably valued at around £52m?

4. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    How I think Liverpool should line up next season:

Reina (still think he's better then Mignolet and has CL experience)

Johnson
    Skrtel
    Hummels
    Cole

Song
    Gerrard
    Lallana

Coutinho/Sterling

Suarez
    Sturridge

5. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hummels will be off to Barca. Liverpool will have to pull out all the stops (right phrase? :smiley-laughing002:) to get him. And I don't just mean a hefty pay-packet I mean they are going to have to convince him that they can get in the top 4 again or have any chance of winning the league.

Liverpool still buckled this year - without European football. Next season will tire them.

6. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    No Courtois is going to be number 1 at Chelsea going by all reports next season. I was talking about the relationship between both clubs .

Jorge Mendes will also have a massive say in any deal he holds all the power and owns a vast % the player .

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  7. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Van Gaal has named Mats Hummels as his number 1 centre back target to the club.

8. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think Liverpool could be doing with a whole new defence. Don't rate any of their back four as good enough

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I never thought Barca would go for Hummels. Pique is pretty much the same as Hummels. One of Barca's main problems is they need fast defenders due to mostly only ever being attacked on the counter. Pique is too good at playing from the back for them to replace so next to him they needed a faster player like Luiz. For Barca having Pique and Hummels would be a distaster as both are slow players.

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Barca are paying £30m for Luiz no chance them buying Mats Hummels .

11. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Chelsea will be laughing all the way to the bank if they get £30m for Luiz. He's not even first choice

12. mightymcginn

they might be but their is every chance that the move works out brilliantly for barcelona. They need a quick center half who is comfortable in possession and luiz fits the bill.

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    But is he even a centre half or is he a defensive midfielder

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    True really.

Skrtel is a decent defender but lacks pace. Johnson and Enrique are both quite good going forward but not too good at the back, Flanagan I quite like, he gets tore in and is not bad on the ball, Agger can play from defence fairly well but is a bit weak at defending and always injured and Sakho looks just an allround poor player, cant defend or control a ball.

Problem is there's few defenders going about who are that great tbh. Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Kompany, Dante, Ramos and Pique who most clubs would love probbly won't leave their current team. Only player on their level id say available is Hummels.

Says a lot when the likes of Demichelis, Nastasic, Mascherano, Smalling, Evans, Jones, Mexes, Alex, Bonucci, Zapata, Campagnaro, Ranocchia, Boateng, Cahill, Koscielny, Mertesacker etc are playing for Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern, Inter, AC, Juventus, Barcelona and PSG. All those clubs really have 1 or 2 centre-backs who shouldnt be playing for them.

15. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Ah he's a centre back.... for teams who don't play * awful defensive * like Chelsea do. He'll be alright-ish at the back for Barcelona.

16. mightymcginn

played center back for benfica and i think he starts there for brazil aswell.

17. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    :47: Glazers and Woodward want this as a look at us we can sign big players deal , Like Real Madrid galácticos" policy. Hope Van Gaal tells them to shove it over this deal.

Edinson Cavani has put Premier League managers on red alert after the Paris Saint-Germain striker told the French media he still has issues to discuss with the club.
    Though he signed a five-year deal following his Ligue 1 record €64 million (£52m) move from Napoli only last summer, 27-year-old Cavani has been subject of intense speculation throughout the campaign.
    The Uruguay international has been linked strongly with Manchester United and Chelsea, who are both seeking a prolific goalscorer.
    Unhappy at being played in a wide position in Laurent Blanc's 4-3-3 formation, Cavani had told L'Equipe he would meet club bosses to air his views, and restated that intention after PSG had clinched the Ligue 1 title on Wednesday despite their 2-1 defeat to Rennes.
    "I am certainly going to speak to the president, with the club. If I have important things to say, I'll do it internally," said Cavani, who was reportedly reprimanded by PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi for the interview with France's main sports daily.
    "I think we'll do it that things work out for the best," he added, before concluding with regard speculation over his future: "I don't know what is true and what is not in what is being said.

Edinson Cavani is not needed and deffo not worth the £55m/60m talked about.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  18. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Their defence is really the only area they need to improve on though? I'm sure they can spend £60m improving it, they are pretty decent everywhere else. They are also getting a new goalkeeper.

However as ILTC said, maybe Hummels isn't the correct player for them - its just been over so many news outlets.

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Id say he is a centre-half but not suited to Chelsea. Chelsea play quite defensively and dont really allow any freedom to their players, play with no creativity too. They are set up as a hard to beat, hardwosking team which is basically the opposite to the style of player Luiz is. He is a technical, attacking, creative, confident player who likes to play and get involved.

If Luiz played for Barcelona, Liverpool or Bayern he'd look very good I think. As they like to play on the deck and allow a bit of adventurous gambling about their play, where players can take risks and be confident about attacking. Also the type of teams who get counter-attacked a lot and could do with fast players like Luiz who can keep up with fast players on the counter or get back etc

20. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Cavani signing for United would make zero sense unless Rooney or Van Persie are leaving. Team needs improving elsewhere desperately