1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Luciano bucked the trend at Corinthians this year and had a good Paulistão, getting four goals in six games. He could have a big year with Elias, Jádson and Romarinho around him.

Geuvânio at Santos had a very good Paulistão, getting Neymar figures so I'm looking forward to seeing what he will do this year. He is an attacker that starters out on the left wing and cuts in from there to provide a few assists. The Santos squad this year is very young and full of good young talent. Their goal scorer last week was the 17 year old Gabigol (classically bad name :smiley-laughing002:). Alison is a good midfielder, sitting in front of the defence providing cover.

Luan at Grêmio is getting a lot of attention right now. He is quite big, often taking the ball down and giving it to other around him, like Hernán Barcos to score. Last year he was involved in 30% of Grêmio's goals last season which is great for a 20 year old.

Rodrigo Caio is a defensive player for São Paulo. I think he comes in for a lot of harsh criticism. He has a mature head, working for the good of the team instead of himself. Can mark, pass the ball and get up and down the wing when put out there. He is number 7 in this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyIW6MnIng"]RODRIGO CAIO - 1993 - VOLANTE - SPFC - SPFC 0X2 SANTOS - 07/JULHO/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

I think Samir at Flamengo and Leandro at Palmeiras could have big seasons.

The smaller clubs always have a few good gems in them. Lucca at Criciúma (was a bit-part player for Cruzeiro last year as they won the league, will be Criciúma's most important player this year), Régis at Chapecoense and Marquinhos Pedroso at Figueirense.

Across the border in Uruguay Felipe Gedoz has had a very good Libertadores campaign. Jô is the only Brazilian to have a better goal ratio than him so far. And elsewhere the Romero twins Óscar and Ángel Romero at Cerro Porteño keep performing wonders. Two fantastic players. I'd say Ángel is just a bit better when he is up front. Also Ángel Correa at San Lorenzo and Luciano Vietto at Racing.

Most of them we can't afford but who knows what the unseen * hand can do :icon_mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Verrix

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA & Fields
    :smiley-laughing002: Alaba?

3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Awesome post, thanks alot :50:

What about Argentina? Are they producing any outstanding talents? You don't see as many young Argentinians in the Champions League for example.

4. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Argentina still has great players coming through but there is a lot of problems. A few good players seemed to have been signed by "smaller" teams recently for "small" fees. Ezequiel Rescaldani to Málaga and Gino Peruzzi at Catania for example. I also think Newell's have a transfer deal with Bordeaux so a few go there.

Argentina suffers from resultadismo now. Clubs give the fans passion priority when it comes to running the club. Club owners have to promise a title challenge every time, due to Argentina's short Torneos Cortos (two seasons in the same time as a single European one). If that challenge fails to come about then the coach is sacked. So the majority of coaches sacrifice any thought of playing good football, or bringing through players or trying new formations/tactics in favour of winning in the short term.

This short termism hurts the development of certain positions more than others (as can be seen with the national teams average to poor back line and keeper). Most teams will play with a three man defence and then flood the midfield in order to break up the opponents play. When teams do play a back four they more often than not play players in their less favourable positions (for the good of the team of course). It's very damage-limitation. A lot of players point this out. Maxi Rodríguez has said that the quality of football in Argentina has dropped since his return.

Big Sergio Agüero style transfers don't happen any more (I don't really know why) and clubs are more desperate than usual to sell players. Even with the new TV deal with the state most clubs make 50% of their income from transfers (and remember they rarely own all of the players rights. River Plate had to sell the image rights of three players just to paint their stadium). Violence and corruption hurt teams budgets.

Yet more Argentines are moving than Brazilians these days (I think the wordwide figure is close to 2000 a season), just for small fees as they try to get a decent wage, job security (clubs often fail to pay players on time) and a few games. Again, the short Torneos Cortos accelerates the movement of players, Javier Pastore played just one season before moving.

Anyway, good young players. Ángel Correa at San Lorenzo (maybe the best), Luciano Vietto at Racing (has had a wee bit of a slump recently, as the team around him isn't great but lots of talent there), Lucas Romero at Vélez Sársfield, Alan Ruiz at Grêmio, Manuel Lanzini at River Plate (really like him, fast and agile) and Juan Sánchez Miño at Boca Juniors.

The current Arsenal de Sarandí side that has done so well in the Libertadores has a few good young players. Ramiro Carrera is 20, with five goals from midfield.

Of course the best young player playing in Argentina right now isn't an Argentine citizen, but a Colombian. Éder Álvarez Balanta at River Plate.

5. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Glazers want Edinson Cavani 100 % held talks 3 times in Paris about a move . Expect more talks once world cup over . * stupid they just looking to make a statement buy here look we can still do big deals type.

6. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Whats the fee involved? And anyway you probably don't need Cavani as Welbeck is obviously better :rolleyes:

7. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Bit of a waste of money. I mean, how much will that cost - £60m-£70m?

I thought they would have learned from the Mata/Fellaini deals. That money alone could have been spent on 3-4 good quality players - regenerating the first team.

Madness.

8. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    £54/£60M the fee spoken about .

9. Sonny7

@ 31B404 - Some excellent insightful posts there:50:

Stupid that. What if the new manager wants a different forward

10. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    I don't think PSG would accept anything less than £65m to be honest.

11. Sonny7

Are PSG even looking to get rid?

12. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Can they really get 3-4 quality players for that? Man City and Chelsea are spending 100m+ a season and i wouldn't say they are bringing in lots of quality.
    In fact Spurs spent 100m and look at them. Mid table dross. :smiley-laughing002:

13. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    He wants out as he does not like playing 2nd fiddle to Zlatan and being used out wide.

Van Gaal will use Robin Van Persie 1000000000000% as main striker i even said before i have feeling he will make him captain . So Edinson Cavani makes * all sense at all .

14. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    I know what you mean, however I think you can if your smart.

• McCarthy
    • Gundogan
    • Contreo (sp)

They could all have been bought, with change to spare of the £75m spent on two players, both of which are a bit lacklustre. Although i expect Mata to come good.

Those 3 players could have revitalised that team and helped them push for top 4. Yes, McCarthy might not be 'world-class' but look at the amount of average players in thatUnited squad, he could have easily have taken a place. The other two have been linked to Man United (thats why I have suggested them).

Although HP did educate me that Moyes likes to have numerous reports done on players before he finalises a deal. Therefore Gundogan and Contreo were pretty much a no go then. :smiley-laughing002:

Spending £60m+ on one player wont fix them, they still have so much dead wood.

15. Sonny7

Aye agree there. Would you say Van Gaal is favourite for the job? Would be a great appointment.

16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Don't know why everybody says this. Everywhere he goes he falls out with the players coz he's a mad * :smiley-laughing002:

He only got away with it at Ajax as he was working with a team that he bled from the youth team, so they knew no different.
    He then took over the national team and guys like Bergkamp and Kluivert immediately took the hump. People he had worked with before.
    He appears to rub people up the wrong way.

17. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Contract all signed going with Dutch press this morning everything was agreed yesterday .

No doubt his first move will be to go after kevin Strootman 100% only issue is his injury and i am unsure when he will be fully fit .

[​IMG]

Glazers held talks with Van Gaal last month , here him with Strootman and Robin Van Persie last week in Holland .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  18. Sonny7

Waw last month that means the board must of been planning on giving Moyes the boot a while ago.

Looking good then, am guessing he quit the Dutch team after World Cup

19. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Aye Guus Hiddink takes over after the world cup. Glazers meant to have decided in feb he was gone at the end of the season .

DUTCH manager Louis van Gaal held off committing to the Tottenham job after being tipped off that Manchester United could sack David Moyes, it has been revealed.

Reports in Holland suggest that van Gaal has now agreed a deal to replace Moyes at Old Trafford, although United have strenuously denied anything has been agreed.

Marcel van der Kraan, of Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, claims that Tottenham spoke to van Gaal about replacing Andres Villas-Boas in January with both parties agreeing to defer talks until closer to the summer.

But van der Kraan says that the former Bayern Munich boss was made aware that the Manchester United job could become available even before he met with the Glazers two weeks ago.

That was enough for the 62-year-old to hold off reengaging Tottenham, and instead waiting to see how things panned out with United.

Indeed, while United insist that they have not signed a new manager, it seems that van Gaal could be announced as Moyes' successor in the near future and take over after his duties with the Dutch national team end after the World Cup.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  20. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    I think that United are waiting Klopp, Van Gaal is only a temporary solution for them (because of his age of course).