1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Mata set for his medical now and after finally touching down in Manchester [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mata looks sexy as *

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  2. Pearse67*

would this not be to do with dante?

If not how many playmakers do utd want, mata, rooney, januzaj, kagawa will be all fighting for that number ten role.

defensive mid and defence is surely a more pressing requirement,

--------------------de gea----------------------
    new rb-------new cb-----jones------new lb/shaw
    --------------vidal---------cabaye--------------
    new rm--------rooney/mata----------new lm
    ----------------------rvp-------------------------

United are in a real mess with far too much dead wood, players simply happy to say they've played for man utd and aren't willing to up theyre game or continue improving on what got them the move in the first place.
    Were is mata going to fit in, he will want rooneys position, is rooney off in the summer?

3. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    No Dante agent is Marcus Marin

Players they have on the books - http://www.sportstotal.com/en/players/defender/

Rooney is about to put pen to paper on the new contract not leaving .

Mata , Rooney , Januzaj, kagawa can all play any the front 3 off the striker guessing Moyes wants to go 4231 with them all inter changing .

4. Bangarangura

kroos is just as capable playing deeper as well

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There is literally zero reasons to leave Bayern and join United.

6. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

This.

7. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Italian duo Antonio Nocerino and Marco Borriello set for West Ham medical this afternoon.

Al Rayyan have officially signed Yakubu Aiyegbeni from Guangzhou R&F for 1.5 seasons

[​IMG]

8. Trequartista

Nocerino is a good signing for West Ham.

9. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Luke Shaw bid now confirmed

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    West Ham have brought in Milan's 28-year old Italian international Nocerino until the summer:

[​IMG]

11. Luz1904

Lucho Gonzalez leaving Porto for Qatar. Big contract, apparently.

12. Jhoker

Looks like he is wearing leggings, :40:

13. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

You need a good boot in the hole.

14. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

£37.1m fee confirmed
    "Today is a very happy day for me, I'm very proud to be here. It's amazing knowing that a club like United is interested in me."

“It’s a massive club. I thought ‘wow’ when I heard of the interest. I know this is a big money deal, I’m confident that everything is going to be ok, I will try my best, and I think everything is going to be right because the squad is very good, the manager is very good, the fans are unbelievable so we have everything to succeed.”

“Well to be honest (the transfer) is a bit surprising but I have to say that I’m really grateful to Chelsea, the owner, to people working at the club and the fans, they voted me the best player of the last two seasons, and I will always be grateful to them. The last six months were difficult for me, I didn’t play as much as I wanted to, I understand that football is a team sport so I respected that situation but now with this position, the chance to come to United was a great moment for me to carry on with my career and to enjoy another massive club.”

“David De Gea was texting me the last 5/6 days, ‘when are you coming, when are you landing, are you coming by helicopter or bike’!’ At the end I am here, I am very happy to be here with him, because he is a very good friend, he is an amazing goalkeeper and top guy and he was important for me arriving here.’

“Obviously a player like me, who tries to score, assist, tries to be a creative player, it will be amazing for me to play with these kind of players, Rooney, RVP, Adnan, Valencia, Chicharito, Welbeck, all of them, they are amazing, they are top level, so I will try to do the best for the team”

“My best position, first of all playing! Playing, because it’s what I love, to play, and to smell the turf. But after I think I can play in the three positions behind the striker, I’ve managed to play on the left when I arrived at Chelsea, this season I play on the right, last season which probably the best season of my career I played behind the striker but it doesn’t matter as long as I play and the manager wants me to play.”

“I would like to win the Premier League here, it’s a very special trophy for every player who plays in this country and it would be amazing, and I think at this club you can achieve it because this club is used to winning leagues and I will try my best. Obviously I’m still young and I’ve been lucky to win some trophies but I want to win lots more.”

“I’m looking forward to playing my first game, to score, and to be happy, to score is the best feeling you can have in this sport so I hope to score soon.”

“Debut on Tuesday? Old Trafford is an unbelievable place, unbelievable stadium to play. I have been in here 2/3/4 times, always with rivals, Valencia and Chelsea and now I have the chance to play at home so it’s going to be very difficult but I think the fans in the stadium are incredible.

:50:Agent De Gea finally got his man Koke next hopefully .

15. TartanBhoy

Still need a few more players hopefully we can get one more in before the end of the window

16. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's a handsome man, don't be afraid to admit it :icon_mrgreen:

17. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed he fully expects striker Kenwyne Jones and defender Fabio to be Cardiff City players by the end of Sunday, as revealed by WalesOnline earliier on Saturday

He will complete a straight swap with Stoke with manager Mark Hughes sending Jones to Cardiff and Peter Odemwingie going the other way.

Solskjaer also said a fee and terms have been agreed with Manchester United for Brazilian defender Fabio, with a full medical planned for the player in South Wales today.

Solskjaer addressed the Jones/Odemwingie swap after the FA Cup win at Bolton, saying: "There is potentially a deal to be done with Peter going to Stoke and Kenwyne coming to Cardiff.

"We cannot confirm anything until the medicals are done, but we are quite a long way down the road.

"I can't say anything about other players, but I can talk about Odemwingie and Jones because Stoke have issued a statement.

t is expected two deals will be concluded today with Jones and Fabio becoming Bluebirds players.

Cardiff are also chasing United winger Wilfried Zaha, and that loan transfer is on course to be sorted out early this week, while Solskjaer is believed to have held talks with Wigan Athletic's Spanish centre-half Ivan Ramis.

While there is no doubt Cardiff are interested in Ramis, that looks to be the lowest priority of the four moves for the Bluebirds and currently looks in the balance.

It does, though, seem certain Solskjaer will have added at least six players to his squad by the end of this transfer window next Friday.

He has three Norwegians in - Magnes Eikrem, Mats Daehli and Jo Inge Berget - with moves for Jones, Fabio and Zaha well on the way to being completed.

18. Heisenberg

Kenwyne jones to man utd? That's a weird one I imagine rooney will be off then

19. Higgie

Fantastic signing for United. They'll need to seriously start winning games on a regular basis from now on though if they're wanting European football next season.

20. Heisenberg

Do u think jones is a good enough placement for Rooney? I seriously have my doubts