1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GMS

2. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Cagliari is likely to announce the signing of Flamengo midfielder Adryan later today

3. Heisenberg

why would chelsea sell to man utd

4. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

They've already played Utd twice, so could actually benefit them, if Utd are stronger and go on to beat other teams in the top 4.

5. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

United are 12 points behind chelsea and won't play them again this season in the league, they do however have games against Arsenal, City and Liverpool to go, José could see united as a possible way to get his competitors to drop points.

6. Heisenberg

and mata is cup tied for the CL so i suppose this would make sense, it still seems pretty daft though

7. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    This is a Fergie and Gill deal , Woodward and Moyes will be given the credit .

8. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Such a waste of money tbh.

The team is still *. Papering over the cracks.

9. Heisenberg

fergie has fuckall to do with this the old senile hun *

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    He is the one that made the phone call to Jose while he was holiday to find out if Mata could be got . He also made a phone call to Laurent Blanc to find out what was going on with Edinson Cavani which was been reported in France in the last few days.

11. SpellCheck92

For the time being yes but it is a step in the right direction. Players like Valencia, Nani, Young, Buttner, Macheda, Fabio will all have to go. The likes of Ferdinand, Giggs, Vidic and Evra are nearing the end of their careers as well.

Once they are gone the majority of them are gone Moyes will be able to make his mark on Manchester United. I'm not a fan of them but I believe that Moyes will be a success if he is given time to put his mark on things. If he gets CL football this season hes done well.

Ferguson left at the right time. He knew he had won the title with an average squad and couldn't take them any further.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Mata for me on form is one of the top 5 players in England along with Ozil, Aguero and Toure behind Suarez.

Be interesting to see how he does at Man U and how Man U play with him in the team.

13. The Celtic Way

i wonder if fergie is the third party

14. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I'd have Silva and Rooney ahead of Mata.

But yes this deal seems ridiculous, not just for the fact it's selling to United, because I get the bit about them already playing each other twice. But it significantly weakens Chelsea an injury to Oscar and someone else and they might look back on this with huge regret.

15. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Aye it is a step in the right direction. I just think they don't have as much disposable income as Chelsea/Man City. Therefore they have to spend their money wisely.

They could shell out £70m on 4-5 pretty good players, overhauling the squad and securing CL football. Whereas they are going to paper over the cracks by splashing £40m that won't transform a whole squad.

Contreo (£20m); Wanyama (£13m); McCarthy (£14m) and Gundogen (£23m).

£70m right there and that has easily solved their midfield woes. With a cracking defender in there aswell. You then add quality on top of that every season, in the form of 1 cracking signing.

Instead they will have spent £68m on 2 players and Fellaini hasn't exactly done anything worth noting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  16. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

United were horrendously slow to act in the Summer, they tried chasing ridiculous targets like Fabregas and Bale, and let Thiago slip through their fingers before panic buying.

Hey and remember when there was a thread here about Fellaini a while back? I said he was overrated, had no pace and very little technical ability and was laughed???? Yeah.... I still remember.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Ive always preffered Mata to Silva, think Silva is a bit too sloppy on the ball and doesnt score enough goals in comparison to Mata.

Rooney I think at his best possibly better but although hes been good this season he never played that well for a couple of years.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fellaini was a really poor signing, at Everton he played best as an attacking midfielder or support striker. Holding the ball and winning headers and that, its mental how Moyes thought he could play for Man U where they wouldnt get away with that direct approach and I agree that Fellaini hasnt got the tools to play deeper in midfield, hes a bit stiff and clumsy and can get over ran.

19. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    He'll be a good squad player feilaini i think, hes great at winning the ball and making interceptions etc and very strong in the air which could be useful if utd are pushing for a late goal against a team whos sitting in, his glaring weakness is his ball control and his passing but he can work on his passing atleast.

20. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Wilfried Zaha finally being allowed out on loan now , rumoured to have had his medical ahead of Cardiff move .