1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jhoker

The word compared here doesnt mean anything, i can compare anything to anything and it still wouldnt matter,for example i can compare my shoes to my ears, doesnt mean my shoes are like ears at all

2. Seosamh Máirtín

3. optimusmike777

very exciting talent, still only 16/17
    when he does move on I hope Dundee united do get big money for him, its about time Scottish team try it

4. Vertie Auld

Your point being?

5. TimFloyd Gold Member

Kind of a my aunties dug knows Jim Davidsons cat kinda story but talking to a work mate and supposedly Steven Fletcher to Arsenal.

* I slag people for these kinds rumours :smiley-laughing002:

Anyway * knows.

6. Jhoker

Messi has no where near the talent that gauld posses

7. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I think its realistic. Feyenoord are not richer and City cant ask for to much since he have been out for 18 months. Made a comeback in Swedens U21 5-0 win against Malta this week and he scored 2 goals and 1 assist. Really nice guy with a great attitude.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

I agree.

My only worry (obviously hypothetical) would be that he'd pick Feyenoord over Celtic thanks to his time already spent with the Dutch side.

Would honestly love him here - think we could seal a deal for under £4m.

11. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Premiership giants Manchester United are looking to bolster their offensive option by signing Cruzeiro forward, Everton Ribeiro.

Ribeiro has had a sparkling season with the Brazilian Champions and has attracted the attention of United boss, David Moyes.

United have reportedly sent out a scout to view the 24 year old in action last weekend, to then bid €8 million for the wingers services, reports Lancenet.

Speaking to Brazilian TV Ribeiro said: “I will continue doing my job here at Cruzeiro but plan on getting to a big club, it's a dream I've had since young, I've always liked Manchester United."

Ribeiro has recently signed for the club but could make his move to Europe like his agent wants, this summer.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/54...ted_to_fulfill_his____childhood_dream___.html

Everton Ribeiro has been one of the stand out players of this years Brasileiro. One of the best players in the stand out team of the year. Would be a great signing for United.

But Moyes needs to get Everton out of his mind :smiley-laughing002:

12. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

The star Falcao García can start in front of Jackson Martinez for the Colombian national team, but it seems that the Porto striker is the preference of José Mourinho. According to the "Daily Star" newspaper the Portuguese manager has seen both of them and having originally wanted the Monaco player has changed his mind and now wants the Porto striker.

According to the Daily, Mourinho believes that the "Cha Cha Cha" has virtually the same technical level of the Tiger, but will be better value for money. Falcao García has a 50% higher transfer fee than Jackson - at €40 million, while his national team mate is worth €60 million.

Keep reading - http://www.lancenet.com.br/minuto/Mourinho-Falcao-Garcia-Jackson-Martinez_0_1031896956.html

13. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
  15. bogsidebhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper, Izzy, Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Holy Pope.... Is that you?

lol

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    OOH AHH GARY HOOPER

17. bogsidebhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper, Izzy, Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You on the wrong thread :56:

18. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm just keeping the seat warm :smiley-laughing002:

19. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Manchester City pulled off quite a coup on Tuesday when they signed 14-year-old Brahim Abdelkader from Malaga because he has been talked about in Spain as the new Lionel Messi. And much of that talk has come from people at Barcelona who remember the Argentine arriving in Catalonia at a similar age.

Barcelona scouts, who have watched Abdelkader’s progress over the last two years and tried and failed to bring him to Barça, believe he has the same quick feet, speed of movement and close control as Messi at that age but displays more leadership and personality.

He takes corners from the right with his left foot and corners from the left with his right foot. He can play as a striker, off the striker, either side of the striker or in midfield. And he has been playing with players three years older than himself in the youth categories at Malaga.
    If Barcelona’s attempts to sign him are a reliable gauge, this is not a shot in the dark by City but a coup. They were not the only Premier League club who wanted the teenager but perhaps most significantly they beat Barça to the punch.

The boy had been taken on a trip to the Nou Camp and introduced to Messi and the rest of the players. But Malaga were unhappy with the manner in which Barça tried to sign him. In May 2011 a lunch between directors of Malaga and Barcelona ahead of an end-of-season La Liga meeting between the two clubs was cancelled because of ill-feeling over Barça’s pursuit.

Enter Manchester City, a club now run by former Barcelona executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain. Brahim’s family were convinced by the plans for City’s new training complex and that magic, and still occasionally derided, word “project”. City will pay no more than the €300,000 compensation stipulated by Fifa to Malaga when the player turns 16.

Abdelkader wanted to stay at Malaga but the move abroad will be made easier by having mum, dad and his three brothers with him. They are all due to arrive in England next week. The prodigy already speaks English after attending an English school in Malaga. He will train with City and be schooled by the club – just as Messi was at Barcelona when he joined as a 13-year-old from Rosario. It is a victory for the Premier League over La Liga, but what does it do for English football?

Youth academies flooded by foreign youngsters remain an obstacle in the Football Association’s attempts to give the England team a greater pool of talent to pick from.
    Brahim’s father is of Moroccan descent and his mother is Spanish. As things stand he wants to play for Spain. But if he spends five years in Manchester and becomes the 19-year-old sensation City believe he will, he will qualify for England under residency rules and it will be down to him to choose

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-doing-so-put-one-over-barcelona-8983567.html

20. Jhoker

Everone is the new messi...