1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He did, hence the reason he is now a £13 million Premiership midfielder and the other guys you list are relative duds.

This isn't anyone paying big bucks for him, it's his previous manager. If he wasn't worth the money then he wouldn't be buying him.

You are grossly underestimating McCarthy as a player.

2. Andybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ice cream and jelly
    27.5m for fellani is bordering on insane i wouldnt be suprised if he sent off or does something in every big derby this season, his heads away

3. md1981

It is insane considering they waited until the £24m buy-out expired

4. Cmcgregor90

Nahhhh as I says 5 6 million then yes 12 13 million is just unreal! I don't like comparing I think the money spent in football is disgusting but I just can't get my head around why his transfer is bigger than wanyamas! Don't start with the spl * footballs gone mad

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'm still shocked they didn't try to get Ozil. He would have genuinely improved them.

6. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Surely it should be a big flashing * off light to you, the fact that the only person willing to spend any money on him - let alone silly money - was Martinez.

Maloney & McManaman were better than McCarthy last year, there is no way in * James McCarthy is worth 14 million pounds unless you are his mother, but then again Bale is never worth anything like 85 mill either so there's * all logic or sense left.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Man United have had a poor window. Fellaini is a good player but worth £27.5 million? Not a * chance. Maybe half of that.

They still could be doing with a left back and another midfielder. Don't really see the point in signing Fellaini.

They have Kagawa, an excellent attacking midfielder by all accounts, but hardly play him. * poor from United but then again, I'm enjoying their constant * up.

8. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Quinn (aye, not the best to reference, but he is on SSN just now as I'm reading this thread) certainly rates McCarthy anyway, several times now he's suggested he will "go right to the very top".

I like him and I always have. Like to see him doing so well. And make no mistake about it - he is doing really really well down south.

We know the market in football is shocking and more or less every player is grossly overvalued. But given the context of the market forces I don't see the fuss over the fee for McCarthy. Very good player and hope he continues his already impressive development at Everton :50:

9. Dhan

Lets face it footballs * Bale going for £85 million on something £300 thousand a week

Football used to pay good wages but with your average joe bringing in £400 a week and this guy is getting more in a week then you get in 10 years is * ridiculous

We are never going to get anywere unless we get into the big gravy boat off the English premiership money

Were does it stop Celtics only papering over the cracks by getting us champions league football
    Dont get me wrong I love it but talking from a house were theres 3 season tickets in it if we did not have champions league then at moment it gets a bit boring watching Celtic playing * teams

Rant over, * me a should not drink during week

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I'm not, I think he's a decent player. I just think there are far, far better uses of £12.5m, in a footballing sense.

The bold is nonsense I'm afraid, I don't know how you can expect that rule to apply to any transfer.

11. md1981

Remember Bale is only getting £153,000 after tax. Mental

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That's pretty much it.

13. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku have all been confirmed as Everton players . Fantastic from Everton.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Holy hyperbole Batman :56:

Fellaini is a fantastic midfielder and is box to box in every sense. Powerful, a leader, excellent in the air, scores plenty of goals and is a big game player. Based on the current market his fee is there or thereabouts.

We'll see. McCarthy will be worth more than his fee within 2 seasons, I guarantee it.

15. format

How can Moyes be accused to not playing Kagawa when everyone surely knows that he's had a very busy summer and he's clearly not totally fit yet?

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I didn't apply it to any transfer I applied it to the transfer of a player that has worked with the manager buying him for a number of years. It wasn't a sweeping generalisation.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He's been playing for Japan though and been on their bench. Moyes also said he want injured at the weekend just left out.

Moyes at Everton played quite robust O'Neill style football.

It looks like he will do the same at Man U, since he isnt playing Kagawa and has signed Fellaini.

18. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    :56: Barry? Susan Boyle's got more pace

19. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
  20. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI