1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Saying "a number of premiership clubs" rate him doesn't quite cut it. Or justify his fee in any way.

As I said, two ex-Celts have already had better seasons with Wigan than he's had. The prospect of signing either of those two players, even in their early 20's, for £12m would rightfully be laughed at.

2. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Guilherme Siqueira (Granada) not joining Real Madrid as Coentrão's move to Man Utd couldn't be completed, reports AS.

3. md1981

By all accounts, United weren't even there. Bunch of imposters were doing the deal.

Fellaini over Kagawa......

4. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Radical overhaul was needed at Sunderland, but I'm thinking he may have changed too much, too quick.

Good players he's signing for the most part. But getting shot of Sessegnon (probably one of the only players who has something a bit special in his locker) may end up being a really bad piece of business.

5. md1981

Shane Long deal to Hull has collapsed

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Who Sicknote Maloney? The guy languishing in the Championship that had 1 purple patch at Celtic and 1 at Wigan?

McCarthy is a fantastic modern central midfielder and will prove his worth.

7. Pearse67*

they have evra, yes hes a cracking player but not what they need imo.

8. Hadouken

I've seen enough of him to come to the conclusion that he isn't worth 13m :50:

9. Cmcgregor90

I just didn't read that did i:smiley-laughing002: * like you didnae actually say that did you? I honestly don't see what you'd all see in the lad honestly be each to there own but that^^^ that comment is just stupid

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    KEI KAMARA signs for Boro .

Guardian reporting that Anichebe has gone to West Brom.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Evra is 32 and considering the pursuit of Baines, Moyes clearly believes his best years are behind him.

12. Cmcgregor90

Yeh proving yourself in a Wigan team that beats he dross of the premiership now in the championship for a reason. Means this guys value should be high ! Lot of * there are well better player out there than him that go for less 5 6 million would have been right for him

13. Pearse67*

giggs is 40 and starting games under moyes:50:

14. md1981

United have until midnight to finalise the Coentrap deal having sent through the preliminary paperwork by 11pm - Guardian

15. Cmcgregor90

Do a decent job like... Just like jelly itch with Everton from deadco this is a similar move IMO guys decent but wouldn't go out my way to get him

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The very same! He just had a better year than the £12m man!

The Wigan player of the year award has such footballing names such as Gary Caldwell, Titus Bramble and Ali Al-Habsi on the list in recent years. You would think Mccarthy would stand out a bit more.

17. Tifosi Celtic

What's the story with Man United & the fella from Bilbao, bunch of imposters turn up or something haven't seen much on it hahahaha.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Giggs is a one off and is in no way comparable with 99% of other players.

He is also rotated regularly and Moyes clearly doesn't believe Fabio or Buttner are good enough to do so at left back.

19. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He is a quality player and you always can have a quality player in a poor team! I believe he will prove his worth

20. md1981

"I think we're going to hear a lot more about this in the coming days. The details are a bit sketchy but I've just had it confirmed from Old Trafford that the people who were in Spain, apparently negotiating on their behalf for Ander Herrera, were not sent there by the club and can accurately be described as 'imposters'.
    Who on earth they were, no idea. But clearly they were trying to get in on the deal and it has ended in embarrassment for everyone. I get the feeling United are furious.
    Their official explanation is that they simply couldn't persuade Bilbao to bring down the buyout clause and it was as straightforward as that (even though there is a clause, it doesn't mean the potential buyer has to meet it). However, there have clearly been all sorts of fun and games going on in the background and it's an embarrassment, to say the least."
    Guardian Journalist

BBC

Confirmation from Manchester United that three men who reportedly attempted to negotiate a deal to sign Athletic Bilboa midfielder Ander Herrera were not acting on behalf of the Premier League champions and were, for want of another word, imposters. "Reports in Spain claim three men dressed in black suits and claiming to be United "representatives" spent an hour at the La Liga offices attempting to negotiate a deal. The move collapsed at the 11th hour."