1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Left Wing And Right Wing Football Clubs

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mystic Penguin, Nov 30, 2011.

Discuss Left Wing And Right Wing Football Clubs in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Appears I'm wrong lol. Are Skerries the Celtic of Ireland then :84:

2. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'll add all the teams tomorrow.:50:

Athletico Madrid Right Wing.

3. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    btw surely linfeild should be added to the right wing list

4. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

I hadn't seen these pictures, I assumed Shamrock were left wing as they're an Irish team and were green and white so similar to Celtic, my apologies.

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I always liked Shamrock Rovers as well.:54:

6. The Celtbot

Portland Timbers from the MLS are pretty left wing and share a healthy rivalry with Seattle. They both are pretty left wing.

7. The The Hand

You can't always class a club as left or right wing - but in certain cases you can.

For one example see Omonia and APOEL Nicosia above. Omonia was founded because all APOEL players who wouldn't sign a pledge of allegiance to the political far right were sacked by the club. That sort of thing makes it quite clear-cut.

Also clubs like Lazio and Inter who have had connections right throughout their history with fascist politics - not just in their fanbase but in the boardroom too.

Obviously this tends to happen most in countries which have at one point had far-right governments.

But in any case, I'd say a football club's identity is actually much more to do with its fans than it is to do with the owners or the board. Owners and board are transitory, and these days they can change very quickly. Fan attitudes often get enshrined under terms like "history" or "tradition", which are far more persistent. :50:

8. The The Hand

Club Racing of Argentina are rightist as well.

Although the situation in Argentina is made more complex by the fact that the country has had a strong populist, working-class, right-wing tradition.

Hence clubs that are "working-class" or "people's" clubs (e.g. Boca) can at the same time have significant right-wing links.

9. AmericanHoop

Fav Celtic Player:
    Anthony Stokes
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I Just Can't Get Enough
    Shamrock Rovers can't really be classified as "Right-wing" just because of a couple pictures of moron supporters. I've seen pictures of Portland and Seattle fans giving right wing signals and met communist Athletico Madrid supporters. Fans often do not recognize the history of their clubs or align with the general feeling. As far as SRFC go, I'd say most Rovers fans are moderates of some stripe or another and almost all are irish nationalists.

10. dcfcmccarron89

mate shamrock rovers a fooking scum !! ...Propor scummy KANTS !

11. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I always thought Atalanta (Bergamo) was pretty left wing.

In Belgium, the only team with a political support would be Standard de Liège (left wing as well).

12. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    From the same article:

There is no dispute that during both World Wars, the IRB/IRA used Germany.

"England’s difficulty was Ireland’s opportunity."

The relationship was born out of political expediency, not political ideology.

IRA guerrillas fought against Franco in the Spanish Civil War.

13. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    Where did you find that?
    It is ridiculous to say they are fascist clubs. Both clubs were founded by communists,, although Red Star's supporters became anticommunists later as far as I know. I do not know too much about their history because my Serbian club is OFK Beograd, but you should ask some Serbian posters who are their fans to tell you more about it.

14. gypsiebhoy77

Shamerock Rovers have always had an element of Facism attached to the club, they say they are dealing with it but its been going on for years, only this season an Irish born player with Libyan decent was racial abuse by one of their players and the club denied it happened, and 2 seasons ago Joey Ndo (cameroon, ex-bohemians) was greeted with monkey chants through out an away game to rovers, again swept under the carpet!!!

15. Ayrshire bhoy

i always thought both belgrade clubs were right wing well there ultra groups anyway grobari(partizan) & delije(red star)

16. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    There are thousands of ULTRAS groups in the world, it doesn't mean they are fascists. Can you show me some pics to see it?
    All Balkan supporters (it includes Turks, Greeks, Serbs, Croats) are very passionate. If they are too much loud, it doesn't mean they are hooligans and fascists. If some fans are idiots, it doesn't mean that all club is fascist club.

17. Ayrshire bhoy

i didnt say they were all fascists:97: im just posting what ive read/heard also im not saying the clubs are fascist but some of their support
    in croatia dinamo zagrebs group bad blue boys are fascist that ive also heard/read

18. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No problem mate, just say. I have never heard that "Grobari" or "Delije" have something to do with fascism. I repeat, I do not know too much about them as they aren't clubs I support.

19. Ayrshire bhoy

no worries:50: id love to go to one of their derby games

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Can someone please give me a brief explanation on left wing and right wing. I know left wings are anti * but that can't be all it it's about Nazis?