1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. adios

These * claim to be offended by a couple of hanging dolls when they blatantly song 'build my gallows' every week. Pot. Kettle. Huns. * them

2. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As long as the Sevco fan base are focused on * dolls then the Magic Hat gets let off the hook for the shambolic displays on the park

Keep scanning the crowd Billy and remember to have faith that Dave King will come riding into Ibrox on a white charger with his 30 million pound Warchest. :50: just hang in there til' January, there's nothing to worry about.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Good post.

4. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That is a very good statement from Celtic and all that need be said.

There is something very creepy about a club who are seemingly happy to have team photos taken with flute bands in Belfast then 7 days later claim they are victims of sectarianism due to 2 plastic dolls ring displayed with their clubs colours.

This victim culture and applying an "ism" and mock offence is a part of modern life I simply cannot abide, when hypocrites like The Rangers Football Club become serial players of this behaviour in light of their own fans track record it actually becomes disturbing.

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact so many posts have made reference to the Green Brigade in all this when the subject of Sevcos mock outrage was from the opposite end of the stadium reinforces the adage if you repeat a lie enough times then eventually people start to accept it as fact.

A process we see time and time again, every day in party politics all over the world, people twisting a reality to suit their narrative

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    True.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Not for the first time may i add, they release statements after every big game they lose, this is all about deflecting from how much of a shambles their club is in on the park and off

8. Sydneysider

Purely to placate their fans, the same ones who hung effigies of Green and Co outside the Shitebox.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye and the same ones they banned before they had even been to court over the cup final stuff, this is why i really cant be * with this so called 'old firm' *, yes those dolls were crass and stupid but that mob have been involved in some of the most unsavoury stuff connected to football over the years, and thats before you delve into their so called culture :rolleyes:

10. scootz

I accept that I have prejudices against Rangers and their fans. I understand that a number of these prejudices are based on valid issues, but that many others are largely due to sectarian influences that I've been exposed to all my life.

I'm a human being... I'm fallible!

That said, I continually challenge my behaviours, and I would NEVER open my gob to express the sectarian prejudices publicly.

But I will stand up for what I believe is right though. If Rangers, or a number of there fans, behave in a way that I believe is not right, then I will call them out on it. The same goes for Aberdeen FC, Man Utd FC, Barcelona FC... and Celtic FC!

Bad behaviour is not excused because they (whoever they may be) have done worse. That's playground stuff and it just escalates tensions.

I don't care if certain Rangers fans have previously hung effigies. The dolls at Parkhead were still ugly and I didn't like them being there. Seems I'm not alone!

I didn't see the banner which allegedly said, "kill all Huns". If it did exist, then it was shameful, and those who brought it into our ground should be sought out and prosecuted.

I did see the, "know your place Hun scum" banner, and I wasn't impressed. It was neanderthal... and yes - it WAS sectarian. Don't get bogged down on the semantics surrounding the meaning or origin of the word 'Hun'. The problem with the banner is that it defines all Rangers fans as the same, states that they are 'scum', and that all these people are somehow inferior (presumably to Celtic fans).

The reality is different though. Not all Rangers fans are the same. Not all Rangers fans are 'scum', and not all Rangers fans are inferior. My grandfather was a Rangers supporter. He was great man. A free thinker. A critic of bad behaviour. He was most definitely not 'scum'.

I have friends who support Rangers who fall into the similar categories. Great guys! I also have friends and relatives who are Celtic supporters, who are also great guys. And some who are indeed 'scum'!

The minute anyone identifies or defines any group of people solely on the football team they support, then they have crossed a line into dangerous intolerance.

I support anyones right to be critical, but be objective.

Replace the word 'Hun' in the 'know your place hun scum' banner to 'black', 'gay', 'muslim', etc. Like 'hun' - none of those words are particularly controversial - they simply describe a singular aspect of a person. By doing so, hopefully even the most myopic observer should now be able to see the great big ugly problem with banners like that!

The GB have made some great displays - the 'horsemen of the apocalypse' was brilliant! The Foggy Dew lyric about hanging out the flags of war with the Tricolour background was pretty powerful too.

I just wish that there had been more like these and Jocks passing rather than some cheap insults at our newly promoted opponent.

11. scootz

I've just seen the 'New Age / Apologists' thread, so have also posted ^^^ in there.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    True that.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hun is sectarian now.

I * despair, I really do.

14. Mulgrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Have a guess
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Absolute bollocks isn't it?

I have a mate whose a massive Hearts fan and he ALWAYS calls them Huns without fail

I know some supporters who use the word "Hun" just to refer to the away side in general, regardless of who they are

The drive to make "Hun" a sectarian term is so Rangers supporters can have something to whine about

It is sectarian in their minds only

15. Dr. Frasier Crane

Was ruled not sectarian in a court of law, so * the dirty hun *.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

The only thing I will agree with here is the "kill all huns" banner is a * nonsense, and total stupidity - no different to a hun flying a KAT flag.

But see that part of your post that I have emboldened........that's quite simply one lot of * you are spouting there.

17. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

un
    hʌn/
    noun
    a member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th–5th centuries.

A perfect description for this lot.

Huns ye are and always shall be.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We call Hearts fans Huns :smiley-laughing002:

19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    This is better and as its 'imaginary' no * can attempt to twist it -

Orc
    ɔːk/
    noun
    plural noun: orcs

1. (in fantasy literature and games) a member of an imaginary race of human-like creatures, characterized as ugly, warlike, and malevolent.

20. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Not been on in a while. Rejoicing the absolute hammering we gave them. :icon_mrgreen:

However, I've had to stop myself commenting so many times online with regards to the absolute nonsense spewed out by Sevco fans.

The GB put on a fantastic display but apparently it's sectarian and IRA fuelled? Then there's some nonsense about doing the huddle on the 66th minute as a way of laughing at the 66 dead from the ibrox disaster, I meant what?

The hanging effigies have suddenly been attributed to the GB and seemingly akin to hanging a * real life toddler or something, going by their reaction. I mean a couple of blow up dolls, poor choice of course but jesus christ. Also these fuds probably knew not it was world suicide day, who does?

It's mad. 'nobody likes us.....well, we do actually care - alot'. I mean they trashed our toilets, spewed sectarian vile all match, take pictures with loyalist flute player and continuosly mock paedophilia and Stein.

I'm aghast. I thought our support was outstanding.