1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rd-67-

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Can somebody confirm for me. I thought it had been well-established that the word hun is not sectarian? You can be a Catholic or Atheist hun. Rangers fan = Hun. Or have I got the definition of "Sectarian" wrong??

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye.

I'm retaining water though so they were sore before Sunday as well.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hun is in reference to their barbaric nature. As in Attila the hun, the barbarian who rampaged, raped, pilleged, rioted and destroyed everything/where he went. Leaving no care for anyone but himself.
    That is what it is in reference to, and is backed up by their antics more so when they travel abroad. Manchester, villareal, barcelona, etc etc.

As far as I'm aware the term hun was also used to describe the *, and at one point thereafter they used it once to reference us.
    Since then we used it and they keep backing up our use of it with their continued barbaric nature - hunnish nature - hun.

Hun is 100% not to do with religion, biggotry, sectarianism, nationality, race or anything. Anyone who causes such havoc and has no consideration for others can be called a hun.

Anyone tries to tell you otherwise is either deluded, thick as *, has an agenda, or all of the above.

They call it sectarian because they have nothing else to try and link to this "old firm" myth where they constantly need to make us seem as bad as them. There is no comparable point to be made.

I was going to go on about comparable names from both sets of fans, but you know what, they do not deserve the further attention. Just know that the word hun 100% is not sectarian in any way.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

4. rickyroma25

You're absolutely 100% correct. And anybody who allows themselves to get caught up in or care about this nonsense is daft. Don't let the media be your moral compass.

Best thing to do is ignore this pish. We're off to Barcelona to play a real club!

5. Markybhoy

I heard Hugh Keevins talking about effigies and hadn't a clue what he was talking about. Two seconds on Google was all it took to find out.

I have to say, the blow up dolls were beyond * stupid. Whoever was responsible for them, I hope the club deals with them in whatever manner they deem fit. If they're banned from Parkhead they'll not be missed. That kind of * is not needed at Celtic Park. It's not banter and it's not funny. It is in fact no different to when Loyalists hang effigies of the Virgin Mary, Irish Nationalist politicians or Neil Lennon from their bonfires each July. The symbolism is clear.

If this had happened at Ibrox in their end, certain people on here would have been going tonto about it, saying it showed them for the animals they are. And rightly so. It should not be passed off as 'banter' or no big deal because it was Celtic fans who did it. It was * moronic and too far. What the Huns have done in the past and what they did on Saturday changes nothing. We know what they are. We've always known what they are. That doesn't mean we should descend to their level. Which is what hanging those dolls was doing.

The idiots who are behind this have blackened the reputation of the Celtic support as a whole and have given the media an open goal to have a go at our fans, instead of focusing on the thrashing we dished out on the park. Well played bhoys, well * played. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They've hung their own ones before and nobody gave a *. Quite rightly.

7. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    on form here today Sean :50: keep it up !!

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Blackened our reputation with who Marky?

The people who are bothered about this * hate us anyway and if it wasn't dolls it would be something else.

* every last one of them.

9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Sectarian abuse for hanging 2 blow up dolls :56: don't agree with the hanging of them but * me, that's like Celtic saying it was sectarian abuse against our toilets and ceiling. Deluded *.

10. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I think banning the two blow up dolls is a tad harsh, though they were wearing Hun scarves.

11. Markybhoy

With most people who see the images I should imagine. Hanging effigies is not normal conduct inside a football stadium. Thankfully.

12. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

Theres a big difference if the dolls are made to look someone or just dolls . Completely different if it looks like neil lennon or just a blow up doll in a rangers scarf . Yes it was stupid but no one should even be questioned as to why they done it. They thought ot was funny others didn't its done now

13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Never mind banning them. We should blow them up!

14. Fatface

Big congratulations for doing it then. I was sorry I missed it this year.

15. Fatface

More terrorist stuff from you St Pauli ? :86:

16. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Did the blow up dolls need a ticket to get in and did they get the "sit doon I cannae see" treatment from the moaners?

Maybe it was them that hung them :celt_2:

Wasn't a clever move going in there with those scarves so what's all the song and dance about? You reap what you sow :celt_2:

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    "More terrorist stuff" !? To go with what ?

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

What I want to know is how can you get in with 2 blow up dolls 2 hun scarfs and about 10 yards of rope when I can't get in with a can of coke

19. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::56::56::38:

Well over the top Marky, well over.......

It is not even comparable with the type of "effigies" the hang from nooses, considering the majority if them have a personalised mask/face of an individual. This was a generic stunt aimed at the symbolic death of Rangers.

Was it in bad taste? Aye. Does it deserve the mock outrage that you have described in this post of yours? Does it *. It was two rubber dolls, not a replica of Kris Boyd's brother, not a replica of a particular Protestant man, nothing.....two rubber blow up dolls - who I'm more than sure's feelings were not hurt in the execution (excuse the pun) of this stunt.

Unless of course it turns into a Glesga version of "Mannequin" of course, and you are the Scottish version of Andrew McCarthy caught trying to blow them.....up.

20. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ....and there was me thinking one of them was meant to be Davie Dodds :86: