1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  2. TimFloyd Gold Member

Obviously they always go for the low blows but one of the things that makes me proud to be a Celtic supporter is I know that we are better all round human beings than that parasitic lot.

Leave them to that *, we are usually a tad more smarter with our jibes to them.

3. Lennon2011

It's stupid for all the good displays we've had and to stain it with moronic dross like that..

The tricolour looked amazing throughout the whole match bravo for whoever thought of that!

4. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What's low about it ? We've had a coffin passed about and that was deemed funny. This was obviously meant in the same way, just set up in a way that was more noticeable to they *.

They're all beelin' so job done.

5. TheHappyLoss

Didn't notice the hanging dolls at the game, it was a pretty * idea but the social media scramble to associate it with something it's not is disgusting.

Atmosphere was fantastic yesterday could see the hurt they effers felt when we were pounding them second half on the park and taking the * out them in the stands. They had nothing to come back with

6. TimFloyd Gold Member

If you can't see how it can be construed then fair enough.

7. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    By who ?

They'll twist anything to make it offensive. Until the person/group responsible comes out and explain the meaning behind it, I'll reserve judgement.

Saying it was in reference to Kris Boyds brother. Holy * :52:

Edit - If it was anything other than mocking the old club dying then fair enough. I agree any other reason would be in poor taste.

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

By anyone that isn't involved in setting up or close to who organised it.

Regardless if it was or wasn't to do with Boyds brother....Surely you can see how it's a pretty easy line to connect the dots for someone to reach that assumption?

And as I said before it was world suicide prevention day yesterday so having dolls hanging is still in bad taste

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  9. Lennon2011

Also it was World Suicide Prevention Day yesterday as well, Pretty * stupid doing something that can be so easily mistaken.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's clearly satire in reference to the club dying, however I can understand why some would think it's in poor taste.

Personally I thought it was funny and as hodor said no different to passing around the coffin in the last league game with the dead club, which no one seemed to have a problem with.

As for them trying to make it out to be something it's not? Well it wouldn't be the first time they've tried to fabricate something to deflect from their own disgusting behaviour.

* them.

11. Dr. Frasier Crane

Was it the group of idiots in 444 that hung out them dolls?

12. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Doubt the folk who done that knew it was some suicide prevention day yesterday. Also don't care how they took it. They're * scum *, who can give it to everycunt but act like * when anyone gives it back.

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    We need to be better than that :54: Let them show themselves up with the awful stuff they come out with. I know how I would rather we were seen.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This. I certainly didn't know that.

The thing with the dolls didn't really work come across how it was intended IMO, but so what? The group did a lot yesterday and 90% of what they did worked brilliantly (especially the 90 minute TIFO) and that one thing with the dolls didn't. There is always that risk when you are being creative.

That's a pretty good day's work IMO, take a bow.

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It screams to me of young lads trying to act the 'ultra' that they see on the continent. You know the crazy ones, like, proper nuts? But they're just silly wee boys really.

Very poor taste for me. The coffin was funny but i can't look at this in the same way.

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Idiots whoever hung the dolls, sinking to their level with that *. Don't care what the huns or that say about it, we're better than that.

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The dolls were nothing to do with the group mate.

18. TimFloyd Gold Member

The coffin was a clear reference to current events happening at that time.

I'm not particularly fussed about it but at the same time not going to be blind to the possibilities of what the intent was.

And also with it not being a green bridge sanctioned display then I'm pretty sure if the idea was floated to them they would have put the dampeners on it.

As I've said we are smarter than that.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ah, well in that case even more kudos to the group. :52::smiley-laughing002:

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was in bad taste, even though it's clearly aimed at Rangers' death in 2012. However, the simple fact is, they're hurting after their team was absolutely embarrassed and demolished on the park yesterday. They're desperate to clutch on to anything that sheds our fans in a bad light. The mock outrage on social media is hilarious.

Terms like, 'subhuman scum' being thrown out. It's two bits of inflated plastic. That's all. The idea was a bit stupid and soon it'll all be forgotten.

They're also embarrassed by the press coverage their toilet destruction has received. But that's far worse than hanging two bits of inflated plastic from a stand. I just hope our fans behave at Ibrox and don't, idiotically, try to retaliate.