1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye i agree mate, its one thing making a stance in our own country, but over there anything could happen

2. CFC.1

Aye, would be totally daft. Especially given their stadiums about 20odd mile from the Gaza Strip, they won't take any *.

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I just hope the supporters who are heading there next week are safe and don't suffer any fall out.

4. Maestro 08

Some good points in here although I don't agree that the majority would have supported the actions. It has gained media coverage but to what ends. Our support will suffer through sanctions I feel but achieve nothing. I come back to this: I think this should have been left out of the footballing arena & believe the majority of fans would agree. Clearly you don't, fair enough. :50:

5. Maestro 08

Keep them coming, love these one liners. About all you've got to say it seems. :rolleyes:

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    See you are making claims yet again you cannot back up, your opinion is not fact as is your claim of a minority, what part of that are you failing to grasp, oh thats right i wasn't to quote you as im incoherant :smiley-laughing002:

7. Dr. Frasier Crane

You been checking up on me? :frilly:

8. Shaun

Jeezo, this could get ugly.
    Wonder if all the "I WOULD SAY TO IDF FACES" who go on Tuesday will do this. Suicidal perhaps. One thing I did learn in this story is, nobody will change hateful minds. While people in Israel and Palestine crave peace. I will post the video if allowed, or go check You Tube for Shaun Gibson
    There are a Ton of videos there...
    Ross Kemp in the Middle East
    I managed to get the Palestine full video up, but not inside Israel, video just won't share, in-fact, don't think it's on You Tube, always taken down

:shamrock:

9. Maestro 08

Ok let's play along.

I never once described what I said as facts. I have quite clearly used the words in my opinion, I believe etc in all my post & where I haven't I def never claimed them to be as you say 'a fact'. That alright. Or you still looking for an argument.

10. Markybhoy

I agree. If there is retaliation for last night's display I would not be surprised. Hopefully there won't be.

11. CFC.1

Given the fact I have yet to see any major outcry from the widespread Celtic support damning the actions and most supporting the actions, minus a few on here and then no doubt the usual pants wetters on the phone ins, I find it hard how you can disagree that the majority would of supported them? Of course if you focus solely on MSM though, you're only gonna get to hear and see the opinions of those who were in the "majority"

12. Lennon2011

Quality display last night. I wouldn't worry about any repercussions though, how can they impose a sanction for holding up a country's flag? Nonsense.

13. Eazey

Nothing to so with football, shouldn't be in the stadium in my opinion.
    Although I back the principles used in the counter argument.

14. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Slept in and only got to the tele just after the game kicked off, am I right in saying YNWA was done before the teams came out?

Don't like that if so, swear that's not the norm.

15. Dáibhí

I'd hope that our fans would boycott the return game and make a statement in that way instead.

Why give them our money and acknowledge that Israel even exists? Let them play the game in front of an empty away section, * them.

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They have to do that now and it's been the case for a while now in Europe.

UEFA give us protocols to follow including the CL anthem etc which means we can't blast YNWA as close to kick off now.

17. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    I debated on here with Princess Gargamel as I assumed their would be a TIFO or statement to go with the protest which would get the club in trouble however, after seeing last night that it was only the Palestinian flag which was waved I cannot say I disagree with the fans who chose to do so. The club should fight any sanction passed down as you should always be able to wave any nations flag you want. Their wasn't any sanctions handed out to fans who held up French flags after the atrocities in Paris. UEFA can't decide which causes are worthy and which are worthy of sanctions that is completely ridiculous.

Princess Gargamel I hold my hand up I was wrong in this instance as I wrongly assumed there would be a TIFO or statement which would get the club in bother and I still don't believe fans have the right to do that. The fans do have the right to hold a nations flag in the air to show solidarity.

18. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    that's just fukin stupid. * pots

19. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

There's a surprise.. :rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJFBAr_FTY[/ame]

Much prefer the old way.

20. pete0301

To be fair I think Bhoys SMV had some banner in arabic in the Jock Stein upper, but obviously I couldn't read what it said.