1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CFC.1

Didn't know that, good to hear. Decent numbers at that too by the looks of things

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Fair play :50:

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Shows of solidarity are organised elsewhere.

I think it seems clear that the support broadly agree, what do you want them to do? Have a show of hands? Postal vote of ST holders?

As for my point: it's mainly about perspective I think. They might close a stand? First world problems.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And it was not the minority you are claiming either, you also stated about protests outside the stadium which there was, and are you a mind reader can you judge the stance of the so called majority on this issue, and at no point did i say you were not a Celtic fan your a bit paranoid here :rolleyes:

5. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Loads of fans of other clubs seem to be praising the fans for what they did yesterday. It seems only sections of the media and backward fans of other teams who have a real problem with it. Oh and the "oh I'm a thick * who's not interested in politics and I don't know what's going on in Israel but please keep it away from Celtic" moron brigade too. But other than that it seems mostly positive. :50:

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If you had half the concern for the people being bombed or seeing their loved ones blown up, the ones without access to vital medicines and the ones living as second-class citizens in their own country, etc that you have for the people who might just possibly not get to see a football match because a stand is closed, you wouldn't come across as quite so lacking in a sense of perspective.

7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Good to see the display has had the desired effect. Attention to the subject has arisen from last night and the images from last night have been picked up by media around Europe. As per the usual standard,the dumb * in Scottish media are UEFA fine this or UEFA ban that.

8. Maestro 08

Fair enough. I think the vast majority agree with the political view whether that translates into agreement on our actions regarding it last night then I'm doubtful. I don't think this forum, as great as it is represents the full scope of our following either. I would say it's a quite specific demographic if I'm honest, especially those that tend to shout/contribute the loudest but then again that's just MY opinion.

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

:50:

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye your opinion being the main sentence there, but do carry on eh your argument is showing more about your view on this, rather than the views of fellow fans you are making claims about

11. Shaun

It could be bad for the club this :54:, but morality gets me on this one. I don't hate, for me, just my opinion, hate has to stop at some stage, so I bring to light what I can, in places I know are safe, and it's stuff anyone on the internet can find if they really look. I don't hate Israel because not every Politician or civilian Israeli laughs every time a bomb kills innocence. Understanding many Israelis are split on this issue is not big news believe it or not, as you can research yourself

:shamrock:

Yeah, went Global. Most major Sports media ran something, some had it as Political only, like http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...a-sport-politics-collide-160816055716847.html and others

I have my opinions on this Israel/Palestine Genocide/occupation. Never would I deny what I research because it's so obvious. Nobody asks why ISIS don't hit Israel, and the research I did is all here, dumb people can't see it, or like most Christian Americans, just refuse to see the problem exists without time traveling with an old book.

https://shaunynews.com/2015/10/05/american-christianity-will-happily-keep-palestine-occupied-why/

Most of the documents, videos etc are all here:
    https://shaunynews.com/?s=Palestine+IDF+USA+Israel&submit=Search

I didn't believe this side of the story till I was sent it, and researched it. Documents, Videos, images to break anyone's heart :54:

Many have said "USA Funds ISIS to protect Israel in the region", Donald Trump said it live on TV the other night, there is 100% no doubt in my mind ISIS is US/Whitehall/Israel funded. I have a lot of stuff I just wouldn't share, others have it, they wear masks, what they waiting for? Unless the mask has been hijacked for Political reasons, because 4Chan is not as it once was, sadly.
    Funding ISIS: https://shaunynews.com/?s=Funding+ISIS&submit=Search

I am, if I can be honest stuck in the middle on this one. I see the suffering, I speak to people in Gaza/Israel and West Bank often, and the story becomes very hard to believe, and the 'not told very well' West Bank side of the story. There are many Jewish people who hate other Jewish people for backing the IDF and allies

Should Celtic fans use the Football Club as a Political statement on a story that does need told? I can't answer this because I see the utter * these people live in. The research HAUNTS ME, but other nations, people, all faiths and Politically charged nations suffer too...we can't back or side with only 1 story of innocence bring killed/occupied, because we then confide ourselves to the narrow minded thinking of the very opposite of what it is we dislike in the problem, we see 1 story, 1 issue, when there are many.

What if FIFA throw us out of the Champions League for this? What do people think about it in that sense? Could we as a fan base do more, but not inside the stadium? The logical answer to the obvious question is yes, but I do find it difficult to see the wrong in standing with oppressed people, for me we should all stand with oppressed anywhere in our World, not just Palestine, many more suffer elsewhere, but our media don't pick it up....This story here I found ONLY in Arabic at the time, and this did happen, who supports Yemen with flags?

Raw Video:
    Israeli Air Force Drop Neutron Bomb in Yemen? Saudi Arabia implicated (Video)
    https://shaunynews.com/2015/05/26/i...-bomb-in-yemen-saudi-arabia-implicated-video/

Is this dragging the club into more fines, or worse, the answer? That is where the line is for me, yet we are told we are democratic, implying freedom of expression in a peaceful manner. This is what happened last night, we exercised our right of peaceful protest. FIFA had banners with 'Respect' showing in some of the images from last night

Yet our fines lately are over £100,000+, and * only knows what UEFA will do after warning our fans not to fly the flags last night

Why I stand in #Solidarity with Palestine
    https://shaunynews.com/2015/03/25/why-i-stand-in-solidarity-with-palestine/

Respectfully,
    and in a pacifist way, I don't know if these flags help anything. But then my heart and soul tell me "THIS NEEDS MORE EXPOSURE" So last night, job done!
    But is there a cost to the football Club coming? If so, how big?
    We can't lose sight of who we are, what we stand for, our shared ideologies, but we can harm our own in doing so maybe?

I feel this way..
    ...BUT :54:

I agree buddy, truly I do, but what if this gets the club thrown out of the Champions League and we lose nearly £30M? Seriously mate, I am just asking.

Being hateful to what we don't agree with makes us exactly as the thing we hate in the first place. This story needs told, I do my little bit in the links above.

What was more important to you or anyone inside Celtic Park last night? Football or a stage to send a message, THAT NEEDS SENT!! But in a place we were told not to send it?

Never in hate..
    ..Always in debate

And '* FIFA' comments will not help the board out on this one, no matter how we as the individual view our board.
    Hate just creates more hate, but we have choice to accept hate also.

Buddy, respectfully, and please, we are on the same page here yeah? You would rather see the club lose exiting times and lots of money, to share your opinion inside Celtic Park?
    No hate, just a question mate

100% agree mate, bt could we highlight it in another way? I done over 2,000 * blogs on this, over 1vMillion reads, and silly, little me can change not a thing :54:
    Once hate is established, we all lose. We are a good species as the individual, but together [Globally] Web are as close to WWIII than at any other time since WWII.

“How many Countries were involved in WWII” The answer of course is easy, 61 countries. Today in 2016 out of 162 countries, 151 of the world’s nations are currently involved in some form of conflict, meaning only 11 countries have peace as I write this. The only ones to avoid all or any forms of conflict were Switzerland, Japan, Qatar, Mauritius, Uruguay, Chile, Botswana, Costa Rica, Vietnam, Panama and Brazil.

The Palestinian story is huge, it needs told, but should we use our beloved football club as a soap box? Again I am just being logical in my questions here, because all I did here was pose questions that need answers, not more hatred

:shamrock:

[Sorry if I crossed any lines here troops]

12. Maestro 08

Eh! Never said you were questioning who I support. It was highlighting the fact that 'hey I'm a Celtic support that happens to have a different opinion to your own' not everyone agrees as you seem to think, see now?!?

13. Dr. Frasier Crane

Was nowhere near a tiny minority either as you seem to be claiming.

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    But you claim a majority agree with you, do you see now :icon_mrgreen:

15. Maestro 08

Please don't respond to me, your obviously spoiling for a fight rather than looking for a debate. I find you to be moronic & utterly ironic regarding the subject matter. I will converse with the more intellectual contributors on the forum. They like you may differ in their opinion to mine but at least they have coherent discussion on it. :38:

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:, have you took a count of the majority yet i would like to know if its a landslide :50:

17. Dr. Frasier Crane

You have the irony detector of a zombie.

18. Markybhoy

I just hope the people who felt the need to make their point last night don't feel the need to do it again next week. Flying a Palestinian flag in Israel would be beyond stupid.

19. Maestro 08

Oh that really hurt. Brilliant, any more pearls of wisdom?

20. Dr. Frasier Crane

Loads but they'd probably be wasted on you.