1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :50:

2. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom

Couldn't agree more

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    As others have pointed out, there is something slightly off about moaning about possibly missing a football match due to possible stand closure when you think about the * the people the display was for are going through.

I wasn't particularly in favour of the display because I didn't think it would achieve anything (though obviously I supported 100% the right of our fans to have it), but having seen it, I've kind of changed my mind. It isn't going to change anything dramatic for Palestinians, of course it isn't; but it's our "grain of sand" in the ongoing struggle.

4. CFC.1

Sure if you skim through the last few pages on this thread mate, you'll see that it's definitely more than a few hundred supporters. GB section alone is 2,600 with vast majority strongly holding those views and then gathering from the support and comments I've seen online afterwards proves that it's perhaps those against airing those kind of views at a game are actually in the minority here.

Whilst I respect others political views and outlooks, Celtic and politics have always, and always will, go hand in hand, naturally.

5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

As others said, I'd like to see some * have these opinions if they were in a pub in the Gallowgate or a CSC somewhere.

Yous would last 5 minutes.

We are a club built on struggle. Our fans have always been politically aware, as was our club before the Bunnet took over and tried to change it.

6. Maestro 08

Whether they hold those views our not is not the question. I may agree with those views but it doesn't necessarily mean I won't to do it in such a way that it affects the club & fans. I'm sure a similar show of solidarity could have been organised out with the confines of the stadium. The majority of the support may empathise with the Palestinian cause but only a tiny minority carried out this display. Did they seek to canvas the support on whether it would be worth stand closures etc? No! It was a selfish decision taken by a few that affects the many. If anything that betrays our ideals, does it not??

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Will the Zionists be banned for drapping their blood soaked banner over our directors box, and your another hand wringing apologist i bet you phone snyde moaning about fellow "so called fans" :rolleyes:

8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Nah.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Was no where near a tiny minority, where you even at the game ffs, i saw Palestinian tops aswell as flags, your * deluded if you think this is a small minority

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    No.

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm not sure selfish is the word I would use to describe a display of solidarity with a people that have suffered more than most of us even dream of in our worst nightmares; it is, on the other hand, exactly the word I would use to describe anyone who agrees with the politics (if you agree then surely you must know something of the scale of the suffering we are talking about here) but nevertheless condemns the display of solidarity because "UEFA might close a stand" for a football game.

12. Maestro 08

Was it the vast majority then? Nah so don't talk pish & yeah I was at the game. I'm sure if you asked 30,000 season ticket holders if they would be happy to give up their ticket for a Champs League game against say......Real Madrid you might not get the answer you're so sure off. A show of solidarity as I said could have been shown elsewhere outside as you well know. I think it's you that may well be deluded.

13. Maestro 08

That's not entirely what I said was it. I said canvass the support see if they agree, you know democracy. They might well of but we'll never know. A show of solidarity could have been organised elsewhere so I don't get what your point is.

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well you are clearly registered blind i do apologise, and i will gladly give up my seat if theres closures, and there was also solidarity shown outside before kick off, you sure you were at the right game :rolleyes:

15. CFC.1

There's many activities that take place in and around Glasgow to show solidarity regularly. Also GB have held many different events to show solidarity, including tournaments and having members travel over. But none of these have had such an affect as the display last night. The opportunity to show their solidarity on such a platform with millions watching, I believe it was the right thing to do and so do many other. The action has made people take notice and hopefully pay attention, more effectively than any of the organised rally could of, which would take place with out a peep said about it.
    No they didn't canvas opinion, but it seems that if they did they would have a majority supporting the action. My opinion, and of many others, is that if they close a stand(which won't happen), * it and * them hypocrites. Would be well worth it to raise some awareness to the Palestine situation.

That's my view on it anyway mate

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Good Post

17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It's worth noting that there were actually some Rangers fans at the protest outside the ground as well,massive big ups to them :50:

18. CFC.1

This also :50:

19. Maestro 08

Your awful defensive mate. Your very quick to dismiss and shut down opinions, VERY ironic. Im a Celtic fan, who was at the game & although I did obviously see support for Palestinians in the crowd it was nowhere near the vast majority as you seem to be claiming. Take what position you want but as I said just because you would be willing to give up your seat does not mean that others would do the same & given the chance to take a stance on it I don't think you would get the answer you're so sure off.

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry