1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Scummy * * hate the polis. And if the full Green Brigade have been banned then that's just a * joke.

2. Millerntor

Well obviously, we've been getting stopped for years. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous and when you have police, in effect, bragging about stops being made at the weekend then it is entirely relevant to comment on it, indeed even more so just now when the policing of football fans in this country is a hot topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    My comment wasn't directed at you was at JT, as he seemed surprised by it. Yes anyone who attends by bus will have been pulled over numerous times in the course of a season.
    Part of the reason we take it in turns to drive now being honest, as if some nugget has decided to sneak a bottle on and the plod find it the bus is then late and the hassle is a pain in the * for the bus convenor etc.
    Its back to the minority spoil it for the majority again.

4. Millerntor

Have never been on a bus where drink isn't consumed, not sure there are many about, but usually smart enough to ditch it before any stops. It's just a totally unwarranted hassle and another example of the negative treatment of football fans in this country. Must have been hitting 12 police on Sunday - complete waste of time and money. You can have a few pints before getting on the bus, you can have five pints in a pub near the stadium but don't dare have a drink or two sitting on the bus with your mates.

5. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
  6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I didn't make the law and thankfully its a law we didn't introduce or the SNP would be getting thumped for it as well. Coming down the dual carriageway the tact seemed to be pulled over into a layby so not much option for the dumping. Unless there is now preset stops which would seem rather silly tbh.

7. Millerntor

There always have been when going to Aberdeen, ICT, Dingwall etc. Word soon gets out from the first buses that pass any checkpoints. Same with Stranraer on Sunday, didn't take long for word to get out that buses were getting stopped at the end of Girvan.

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It was over twitter that police would be stopping buses, fecking law has been in place for years so why risk it? The driver and convenor get £1000 fine each and a warning, just making it an easy job for the pigs.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Rugby fans are allowed a beer AT the match, never mind en route.

Only us second class citizens who aren't allowed to drink at a sports event.

Well the working class fans anyway, the suits and the expensive seats are allowed a beer before during and after the game.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That doesn't make it right though.

Most sports fans in this country can get a beer AT the match, never mind before during or after.

Why are football fans being singled out like this. For something that happened 35 * years ago apparently.

Honestly what is the point in going to football anymore?

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I wasn't talking specifically about the GB when I was talking about rooting out people using flares. Seperate issue as far as I'm concerned.

Wasn't intimating they are as vulnerable, however, equality or not women are a fairer breed and if they're going to games they're invariably not going to take their tops off, let off flares and sing the BOTOB.

I realise that's a generalisation but a fair one all things considered :56:

Again seperate issue, a blanket ban for the GB because of a couple of idiots isn't on. Which is why I'm certain that isn't the case.

If they're temporarily barred from going to away games whilst processes are put in place to stop idiots ruining Celtic fans name then so be it IMO as unfair as it is its a means to an end.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Am in no way saying it's right, but it's in place so where is the point in risking it for a few beers?

13. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Sick of this * every season. Its boring now.

Scunnered with celtic at the moment in general.

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye well its easier when there is large numbers of buses coming up the way, however when there isn't as many heading down the way, for a home game, so word not spread as 'well'. Although it seemed more random than the same layby. Maybe when it was the different police regions there was more flexibility for the plod who knows. But as Cookiemonster says the fine is unfair on the driver and convenor (assuming neither had drink :smiley-laughing002:) and I don't suppose those who had the drink will pay their fines for them.
    Just to be clear here as well, in case its not, I'm not saying the law is correct the rights and wrongs of it are immaterial its 'just' the way it is at this time.

15. Swervedancer Guest

Thanks, just watched it. I also thought the two FAC representatives were very articulate. Their dedication and commitment to have this Act removed is remarkable. They really are passionate football fans.

McCaskill was a total riddy. The bizarre stuff he came out with. It's worrying how he was behaving in desperate defence of this law.

What a disgrace the 'shock and awe' strategy of our police force. Raiding people's homes in a Friday morning so they would spend the weekend in jail is appalling behaviour. Would be a traumatic experience.

Couldn't believe the offences people were charged with, saying * yer 'well? A guy spent a night in prison for that? Well done Scotland. Had to actually laugh when a politician was quoted suggesting wearing the Vote Yes badge should be a criminal act. I think there might be a lot of loonatics in the corridors of power. They need locked up for a weekend.

But it was reassuring that most of the panel were in agreement.

Does anyone know what the legacy paper is and how long it will take for this Act to be taken out of law?

The worst thing about it all is it got passed in the first place. It was pointed out by many people that it wasn't fit for purpose but our politicians ignored it. This was their new Scotland, football's North Korea.

16. Swervedancer Guest

Just read the whole GB is banned? Is that both home and away matches?

The board needs to realise how well liked the GB are. I'm sure they help to create our brilliant away atmospheres.

Weren't they banned for the Maribor game? We need them.

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Just away games, but they'll probably protest it next home game. Can they not buy tickets together as a group or can no GB get tickets at all for away games? Thought it was SMV guys anyway.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The GB haven't been banned.

If you are applying for away tickets and your season ticket is in their section then you are (rightly) being vetted. They've been told to deal with JP Taylor.

19. Swervedancer Guest

Least home games is something. I don't know who sells them our away tickets, thought they could be bought from the home team.

I wouldn't know how to spot an SMV guy. They looked quite young though. Hope they're not banned for life.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Same mate. The political posturing is really sucking the life out of the game.

Couple that with the living wage nonsense, the tory lords voting to plunge the poor further into poverty and the poor fare on the park it's becoming a real chore following the club right now.

Funnily enough, the initiatives by the likes of the GB restore your faith in the club but even they are being blamed for everything and anything.