1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Just saw the video. It's absolutely pish being a football fan in this stupid country.

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

they are more interested in football fans than going after criminals.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What a complete slag..

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Not that I would advocate anyone not voting SNP but we should all realise that we are soon to be launching meetings etc for the Scottish elections, due next year. As fans we should all make it crystal clear to the activists/MSP's/SNP members that this is a very important issue.
    Nothing focuses a politicians mind like a potential lost seat/vote.

In fact as a member of the SNP you have the right to attend regular local meetings ,usually monthly, to raise issues that concern you ... catch my drift here :86:
    I was going to post a link for the joining web page but that's probably not allowed but heyho we all know how google works right :icon_mrgreen:

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    They're a bunch of pathetic bully's. "Get your parents to come up to the police station" What an absolute *.

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

aye and then asking one Lad if he's SMV or not

then asking if they work or not they

Pathetic from the cops.

7. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

He was 16 the boy with the camera, one of the other boys was 17.

They are young adults they are capable of dealing with it themselves, they don't need parents permission! :47:

That wee fat cow was annoying me, using the "what would your mother say" card! He wasn't impolite by any means, she was just clutching a straws cos the boys knew the system better than her!

8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hats off to these boys for knowing their rights and stuff. Can't believe she started spouting the 'mum' patter.

Out of interest, what's the script with giving your details? What do and don't you have to tell them?

9. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail

Funnily enough, I had regular correspondence with my local MSP when this bill was being introduced. On 5 occasions he or his office gimp, never addressed any of the questions I asked. I was in contact again recently, when the bill was up for review. Pretty much the same response again.

The SNP aren't interested in even considering any other course than to keep the bill in place. Despite Police Scotland officers being investigated for lying in court, countless cases being kicked out of court and criticism from sheriffs and judges.

Only interested in "saving face", no matter how it effects people.

10. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Name,Address,Date of Birth, Place of Birth and Nationallity.

Contrary to the video. They don't need to know where you work or if your mum approves of what you do.

[​IMG]

Unless you're Under 18, it's unlikely that you will be approached by the Police. They just target those whom are less likely to know the ins and outs. Although these young lads seem to be an exception.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  11. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I wasn't and am not playing it down mate. Sometimes however the 'easiest' way to change something is from within, that's my whole point. They have been able to 'rubber it' because they have been elected, now however they are all soon going to be looking for re-election and as I said a politicians mind will be focused on the possible loss of a seat/vote.
    At every meeting I attend I bring it up, (including times when I shouldn't) and will continue to do so, the more area meetings that have it raised the sooner it ,will, must be listened too.

You are right the SNP can and do present a very unified public face (its what our success has been built on) but that does not mean in the background there is not a growing number of very unhappy members/activists and yes even MSP's.

12. Liam II JP

Having had a read through the act I honestly can't see a lot wrong with it. In my opinion an act that aims to stop hatred aimed at individuals for their religious affiliations/race/sexuality is a good thing. After all, aren't we a club open to all?

For me the root of the problem is poor policing. The police are using this act as an excuse to harass fans, but as far as I can see the act doesn't actually give them any right to do so. In the video and pictures posted above the boys are displaying a banner protesting the act. This cannot be construed in anyway to be hateful or aggressive, regardless of whether or not it was facing into the stadium. Is the protestation of the act offensive to Hamilton fans our own fans?
    No. I dare say most agree with the banner.
    The actions of the police in this video is a clear infringement of freedom of speech. This is clearly prohibited in the act.

Rather than campaign against the act itself, would we not be better to campaign for legislation that gives a transparent and fair set of policing guidelines for football matches? These guidelines should then be controlled by an independent regulatory body. As soon as officers not following the correct guidelines are made an example of the rest should fall into line. It would be imperative the regulatory body was completely separate of Police Scotland.

Surely this would give the police the power to deal with the nutcases and arseholes without harassing normal fans.
    I'm not the most clued up on this topic but that's just my 2ps worth :50:

13. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The problem is it's against 'offensive behaviour' which can be interpreted as anything. Hence the police go overboard, it' a ridiculous law. Laws against sectarianism and bigotry were already in place.

It was made purely to get rid of 'political' songs in football and has handed a kind of police sate situation during football matches.

14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Between "Named Person" and "Police Scotland" trying to outdo the Stasi in every dept it would appear we have Marxism by the back door in Scotland and a very unhealthy set of affairs and worst still the current administration have and will have a free reign to dish out more of this totalitarianism * for a few years more and no doubt will.

15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    True.

16. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I read that a poll was done by Panelbase asking the general public what they thought of the OBAF bill.

60% supported the act, 14% were against it and 26% didn't care either way. Maybe more interestingly, 64% of Celtic fans supported it compared to 25% against it and 60% of huns supported it compared to 29% against it. Fans of other Scottish clubs supported it by 76%.

The SNP aren't going to change their laws when the vast majority of the public and football fans support it. Btw just to clarify I don't necessarily support the act and all it entails but I'm not completely against it either.

17. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :56:

Pish.

The Bill is a * joke and I doubt any Celtic fan would support it.

19. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The link is there mate, read it for yourself.

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, but when you put "panelbase" into Google the first thing you read is this:

We're not talking Gallup here! :smiley-laughing002:

Do you believe those figures for Celtic fans?
    Do you believe that more Celtic fans support the act as a percentage than the general public?