1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ronnyroars

Equally the booing voiced the opinion of many, if you don't like it tough. Simple as that.

2. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    But what is it exactly they are booing?

The sentiments of the banner or the fact someone had the audacity to complain or was it purely anti Green Brigade?

For 10k a week I would take it in my stride if a banner went up saying I was Davie Dodds gay lover

3. Millerntor

As has been said the GB have never said they speak for the fans, they are a fan group who speak for themselves and those who want to be associated with them.

Ironically, it is you who is guilty of speaking on behalf of the majority of fans above given there is absolutely no suggestion of this being the case.

4. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Yes i know they havent claimed publicly in a statement or anything that they represent all the fans, but they are well aware of their status and influence.

Anyway, whats done is done and i agree with the poster who made the point 'id take £10k a week if people said i shagged Davie Dodds'......it isnt the end of the world and is only a banner, but i personally disagreed with it.

'Gutless' was a poor word choice.If anyone is ever 'gutless' then there is nothing anyone can do about that.Having courage isnt a choice, you either have it or dont given any given situation.....and pointing out someones inadequacies helps nothing.

If they had been accused of appearing to not care, or of being lazy or indifferent, id be ok with that....but to accuse people of being cowardly is wrong, even if accurate.

5. Ronnyroars

I suspect that like many things in life the people booing were doing so for a variety of reasons just as the banner wavers. Life's like that. If you'll excuse the pun, it's called the rich tapestry.

6. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Davie Dodds gay lover!:56:

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

I partly agree with it but if you want to protest against the board do it outside why pay them money to come in. Slating the players achieves nothing and still holding during the start of the game is * as you are there to 'support' the team. Can't see the banner achieving anything either

8. Cmcgregor90

The same people booing where probably the ones who booed at the final whistle at home v Malmö or when things don't go our way

9. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I can see the sense in what you are saying and agree with it to a point but when all is said and done the fans are the club and only thing that stays constant with any football club, as much as it pains people I am afraid the players are just like the board, they are passing through and don't invest into the club the emotions we do bar a very very few, the fans have more right than anything connected to a football club to publicly express a very common held view.

At least like those utter morons down at Liverpool we didnt hold up a massive banner complaining about the ticket price we had just paid :56:

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Ronny after Tuesday night

: We looked frightened and scared

He was spot on and so was the Green Brigade banner yesterday

If this wasn't the Green Brigade and just a normal fan people wouldn't be moaning about the banner.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  11. barra7

Never saw the banner as on holiday, what was on it?any pics

12. Al Bootyerbaws

Heard the GB's next project will be a giant mural of Peter Lawwell being bummed by Davie Doods, that'll show him they mean business.

13. clonakilty

Sad that the banner had to go up, but you know what the truth hurts and the banner is spot on. The money spent on transfers this year is money we got for Matthews, our wage bill is down over last few years. It is getting harder and harder to convince young kids to support Celtic when they see that * that was played in Malmo.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

15. barra7

Cheers

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

When the banner got put up before kick off they got called a lot of names and only a few booed. It was the fact the game had kicked off and they were standing there silent with the banners still up, hence a whole lot of booing until they put the banners away and started singing.

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

The players knew it themselves after the game, you heard Scott Borwn's interview he was raging like every other fan.
    As said before Ronny is there to get the reaction from the players, they got slated all week I just don't see why it would help them to put up a banner about it before a game.
    We want to move past it and improve.

The boardroom isn't clueless either, would say they are out of touch in what the team & fans need and their spending policy needs to change or at least have more flexibility.

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

No problem

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

The banner was spot on and it was saying what most people have been saying all week.

The players should be Abel to deal with the criticism anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015