1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Walker on Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hailhailtal, Nov 21, 2006.

Discuss Andy Walker on Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dazza585

iv gave my opinions on here all the time. i started a thread about lennon making the same kinda points before walker did. you still havnt told me what wasnt truthfull about walkers comments. you can dance around it all you like but walkers points are all still valid and nothing you have said changes that

2. evilp3te

It stinks of inexperience?? Thats the easy thing to say aint it. Arsene Wenger hits back at criticism all the time...Does that make him inexperienced?? I think not. Hes in a team that he loves, just like lennon.

Celtic is his family, and if somebody slated your family you would bite back hard. I for one like to see that. You clearly dont. Thats your opinion. But you strike me as one of these fans that is going to be wanting him out the door at the earliest opportunity.

You should get behind him as any faithful "fan" would do.

3. evilp3te

Why are you waiting for someone to tell you something Walker says wasnt truthful...what are you trying to acheive??

The guy slates your team and you stand by the idiot. Thats up to you. I agree with some of his points and disagree with others but I hate old players like him and Nicolas having their digs at managers who are brave enough to take the hotseat at celtic rather than sit in a studio and run their mouth.

4. dazza585

i am behind him, dont mean you cant have doubts about him though does it??

5. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I have answered the question 3 times already but you cant get your head around it and you wont answer my question either because the most logical thing for Celtic to do when they couldnt get their main targets actually shows up Walkers opinion for what it is.

6. dazza585

brave enough?? you think walker woudnt take the job if asked?? he didnt slate the team. he just gave an opinion which is deemed to be a bad thing on here. im waiting becuse he said that there was no truth in what walker said. i think all his points were valid, just an opinion. thats all

7. IrishMike1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Yh I read this in the Irish Sun. Stuiped *

8. dazza585

no you havnt ! lennon said he wanted a british spine ! fact !!! he didnt say he wanted a certain 3 players ! he said he wanted a british spine to his team. no word on getting 3 players. he said a british spine !! why say he wanted a british spine if it was just 3 players he was after ?? either he was wanting a british spine or he wasnt?? so walker is spot on when he asks what happened to the british spine then. lennon then tries to spin him off with the i signed murphy , ledley , hooper and mulgrew ! are they not british he says. yes lennon they are but they are not a spine of a team . so andy walker was spot on. fact !!
    so is that the only point you can take from walkers whole statement? not much is it really to start slating the guy over then is it????????????

9. smadabhoy

Andy walker for me is mostly always right at what he says and what he said about brown was spot on... i duno what games neil lennon is watching tbh... and celtic did go out on a whimper.

10. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Why wont you answer this question then?

Please explain what exactly Celtic should have done when they couldn't get those 3 capped england internationals.

Also how many players does it take to make a spine

You take those 4 + the 14 first team players in the celtic squad from the UK and Ireland and I'd class that as a spine myself. Were you looking for 25 glasgow born and raised first team players in the squad??

Why dont you answer these questions rather than just repeating what Walker thinks

11. dazza585

im not the manager of celtic that was wanting a british spine to his team. ask lennon what he should have done if he was wanting a british spine? basically lennon was talking bollocks about a british spine..

if you dont know what areas make up the spine of your team maybe its best you leave this thread now....................................

12. dazza585

yes but when you speak the truth why does everyone round on you?? its like i have said countless times on here , your not allowed to say anything bad about neil lennon. its like a crime on here or anywhere else for that matter. andy walker made good points which most people cant argue with yet he is getting abuse on here for no reason..

13. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    18 players of the 25 first team players are british or irish so who is talking bollocks?

Answer the question, how many players does it take to make a british and irish spine in a squad?

I didnt ask you to tell me what lennon was thinking, I asked what you would do in the situation but you wont answer the question which says all I need to know.

14. dazza585

firstly who cares what i would do. im not the manager of celtic.
    but if you desperetly want to know what i would have done then il tell you
    i woudnt say i was wanting a british spine to my team if i didnt believe that was what i was wanting ! thats what i would have done !
    and again if you dont know what makes the spine of your team then there is no point in continuing this discussion..

15. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lennon does want a british spine to his team though, its not all going to happen in one window now is it? Considering all the Mowbray signings that were 'foreigners', you think Rasmussen, Fortune, Hooiveld, Rogne were all going to be flogged for pennies and replaced with british players, good enough or not? value for money or not?

Lennon couldnt do all the changes he wanted this summer, that has been clear yet you cannot accept that for the life of you. Lennon didnt state it as a promise but more of a desire, a desire that became unfeasible this window but still achievable. He didnt say that he would achieve it in one window, did he?

Walker should have blamed the scouts, the football development manager and the chief executive(the guy that actually sets transfer policy) for targeting unrealistic British players and wasting time on them. Is that not true?

Again Walker version of the truth leaves alot to be desired but its you unwillingness to question his opinion is staggering

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
  16. dazza585

his opinion is his opinion. i agree with his opinion. the buck stops with the manager so why blame the world ? that is the most long winded post about nothing i think i have ever read on here. blame the scouts, the football development manager lol who next are you going to blame ? gordon brown or osama bin laden ?? why dont you just leave it.. the more you go on the worse your posts are getting