1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Walker on Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hailhailtal, Nov 21, 2006.

Discuss Andy Walker on Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    BBC Sport - Football - Celtic boss Neil Lennon hits back over European exit

Lennon disagrees and he has the evidence to back himself up.

Stop with the childish insults to anyone that would dare disagree with you backing up Andy * Walker! :87:

2. CelticFC1967

as i have mentioned previously in this thread - ex -Celtic players are nearly always the first to put the boot in. Well done Lennon - he has ripped Walker's ramblings to shreds

3. northeast67

i think these ex celtic players if they do have the clubs best interests should say sumit but to the papers No. i loved nicolas as a player but since he,s been a pundet he seems to take geat pleasure in slating celtic,surely the likes of him and walker who was no more than ok as a player can have a word with some of the existing staff or directors 1st hand rather than bad mouthing any1 to do with the team they say they care about,whilst making a few quid most likely...get behind the team,,
    BRING BACK THE THUNDER.

4. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    well not many papers would pay an ex hun to say we're *!:bbpd:

5. dikthetim

walker was a very big part of the team which won the double in 88 if they had not the huns would have done 10 in a row he deserves our respect and gratitude but some on here call him a * and * just for giving his opinion disgrace

6. CelticFC1967

yes they have journalists that already do a great job at that:rolleyes: What about people like Derek Johnstone or Mark Hately - never criticise Rangers

7. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Andy Walker talks * along with his other Radio Clyde * chum Keevins !
    Hugh Keevins actually takes pleasure in ripping into Celtic - But when it comes to the huns he mentions what Walter has done this and that. Anyone else think Walter is Brazilian ??? cos this guy has only 1 name when his lapdogs in the press are scared of him. Yes WALTDINHO has them in his back pocket. Another one who talks * is that other * Davie Provan - * knows how he`s a commentator or is this another ex-celt trait trash the club cos it will make me more acceptable to the other lot.

8. Redbaz

he has just said that they would not pay anybody to say huns were * so why this post?

9. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    What i DONT agree with Lennon was his "immense" scott brown comment ? £4m and he`s still to boss a game ??? - He should be sold along with McGeady.

I wish we would stop looking at forwards and the midfield and Buy 2 centre backs oh and another thing Lennon should tell Ki,Hoiveid,Hinkel,Samararse to stop talking a good game in the papers and get their *`s in gear and win on the pitch.

10. CelticFC1967

i thought from his post when he stated:

well not many papers would pay an ex hun to say we're *

he meant that they wouldnt pay an ex hun to say we (Celtic) are *. I misread what he said as looking back i now realise he meant that no ex hun would get payed for saying the huns are *:52:

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A traitor. Lennon roasted him and his words, serves him right.

12. butch

all the x Celtic radio commentators, are scared of loosing there jobs, so they talk up Rangers and that keeps them in the job, a very intelligent guy a head Master backed up Celtic once his name Bob Crampsie and he got the sack, as did Dominic Diamond i believe, so, These tossers will always stay on the Rangers favored side
    just ask Murdo.

13. Lloyd Cole

Provan, Nicholas, Burley and Walker never achieved anything close to what Lenny achieved as a player.

All four traitors, did practically nothing in Europe for Celtic.

If I was Lenny and they started criticising, I'd just start mentioning a few names to them like;

Xamax Neuchatel - mind that one Charlie, Andy?

Partizan Belgrade - mind that one Andy?

FC Zurich & Croatia Zagreb - mind those ones Craigy

Politehnica Timisoara - mind that one Provo and Charlie?

Did Walker, Provan, Nicholas or Burley every make it past Christmas in Europe? I think Provan did once when we played Real Madrid in the quarter finals in 1980 - that was it!

Nicholas and Walker and Joe Miller once were called The Three Amigos.

Now Nicholas, Walker, Provan and Burley should be called "The Four Bastardos"...they are bitter and twisted.

14. Lloyd Cole

Very true, they are fearful of losing their jobs as they are employed by Rangers media, but the other fact is they are all bitter about Celtic mainly because the fans got on their case towards the end of their Celtic careers. They should be grateful they ever got the chance to play for our great club instead of cow towing to their paymasters.

Hugh Keevins and Gerry McNee are bitter about Celtic because Fergus, Peter McLean and Tommy Burns chased them out of Parkhead.

BTW did you know Davie Provan when he was working for Sky actually had the audacity to walk into Celtic Park and delay a training session because he started doing interviews with the players.

Tommy Burns went up to him and said "What are you doing?"

Provan replied "Just getting a few interviews Tam"

Tommy B "Naw yer no, we might allow interviews after training"

Burns reply rocked Provan then TB ordered the players to stop talking to Provan and to get to Barrowfield.

That's a true story as told by Provan himself.

15. Lloyd Cole

Spot on and let's hope Lenny roasts a few more of these media puppets!

16. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    As far as I remember Davie Provan, Andy Walker and Charlie Nic all gave 100% for the club and when I was watching them they were all were given the respect and support they deserved as Celtic players. As for them slagging Celtic, there is more than enough Celtic fans doing that these days. Too many glory hunters who forget just how * we were not so long ago.

17. Lloyd Cole

Your memory is playing tricks on you my friend.

At the end of their careers they were not delivering and were being barracked by the fans. Walker has actually written articles about the barracking he took. Nicholas too has mentioned it.

Provan had a genuine illness (ME/PVF) but before it was diagnosed fully, he was getting pelters and it looked like he wasn't trying but as I say he had a genuine illness. I was at Provan's testimonial and he did get a great send off from a packed house at CP v Forest, with Dalglish playing for Celtic.

18. CelticFC1967

Simply put these ex-Celtic players write constant streams of negative stories about the ex-club in order to preserve their job within the Hun media. They are sell-outs imo - their criticisms aren't constructive. Id much rather listen to what someone like Billy McNeil feels could be done to improve the team as he would offer help, rather than criticise for te sake of their job.

19. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    I didnt say they were playing great every game but I maintain they gave 100% for Celtic. If we got the same from the current team we would be okay. Maybe the Buckfast has clouded my memory but I would never shout those guys down. Andy Walker might not have been our best ever player but he did at least try.

20. Rosleabhoy

What's this garbage about saying things to protect their jobs from the "Hun" media. Total garbage. I've been involved with the daily "ranger" as some put it for over 20 years and fans couldn't be further from the truth. Alot worse is said on forums but when a paper criticise the club fans are in uproar.