1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Walker on Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hailhailtal, Nov 21, 2006.

Discuss Andy Walker on Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rosleabhoy

compared to who, MON? Well no, he wasn't backed as well as him but that was a different era. Times change, finances change. He was still well backed and was allowed to move around in bring in over 30 players in his time. He wasted alot of money too.

2. CelticFC1967

Over 4 years Strachan's total expenditure couldn't have been too far off O'Neill's. The difference was that O'Neill was working in a better market for buying top class players. He also inherited Larsson etc. The board has always backed their Manager with as much money as they possibly could, perhaps bar one mistake in January 2009. Hindsight a great thing. Everyone makes mistakes, we move on.

3. fourleafclover

I totally disagree.

We pay our money to see the team fron day 1 so in tht case the team should be judged from the start.

The majority of the players have been here for at least a season now so there is no excuse for slow starts.

Infact you could probaly say that it is only the new signings who have performed so far (minus mulgrew)

I think it is fair for the team to be praised when they deserve praise and vice versa

4. celtic warrior

not just MON but TM as well really after what I saw, it was like WGS main job was to get rid of players rather then strengthing the squad and just had to constantly bring in some many players as he was paying peanuts and getting monkeys all the time so was always looking for cheap standards as that is what felt he was allowed as the board weren't really giving him much to work with

5. fourleafclover

i however agree with this :50:

6. shughie

Andy Walker is wrong in a way, he is saying fans will turn on the board, well some have already done that seasons ago especially at the end of Strachans and last season, and I am one of those!
    They are a hindrance, they are costing the club millions in not speculating to accumulate, they are far too much in control of money matters, sure some of that is necessary but not to the detriment of the team and fitba.
    This season there is still time to sort things out squad wise, but like before will we have to live in hope to have that dashed to watching a Celtic team thats a shambles, and there already is evidence of that. :47:

7. Redbaz

I don't usually agree with walker but on this occasion I do, he has stated the facts, which sometime ex Celtic men don't only want to impress their masters and mentors which you don't see too often with ex huns:50:

8. CelticFC1967

Most articles in the press by ex-Huns looks like it could be written for the Rangers website - they never criticise their club.

9. fuctifano1888

Why do we get upset when an ex player speaks the truth or in some opinions complete *. I have seen more moans about almost every aspect of our club right here on this forum.

These ex players are just the same as us, FANS. They have the right to voice their opinions the same as us. In fact they might just be a little more qualified than the rest of us.

I would much rather an ex player said it the way he sees it, than listen to some * like Mark Lawrenson who has no * clue.

10. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    craig burley has turned into a * as well , used to love burley at celtic but he is so * negative all the time and repeats himself over and over and over etc ,
    never forget tho when celtic beat gers 2-0 and i went into the shop and the guy behind the counter had a wee rangers teddy beside his till and i asked him for a 20 of lambert and burley :icon_mrgreen:
    good times !

11. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    a bit ott for me! but thee are others out there who thinks we have collapsed already:rolleyes:

12. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    hes a celtic fan just giving his views i know alot of fans come on here and slate the board manager and players and have the same opinions as walker i for 1 dont i back the whole club

13. mickthetim

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Mcdonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ur talking * mate about them speaking the truth, ur the one that needs to wake up, these guys only care about themselves now and if they really gave a * and had celtic at heart they wouldn't stick the boot in as much as they do at vulnerable times. They should be trying there best to write something positive about the team like all his hun * colleagues in the press do for there team!

14. celticminded89

dont mind walker..its nicholas i hate

15. dazza585

what has he said that you disagree with so much???

16. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  17. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

No matter how you look at this story, there is alot of truth init

so the guy speaks his mind, so what Lenny Knew this would happen and will only get worse

welcome to the goldfish bowl ...........

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
  18. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I love Andy Walker, one of my heroes as a kid. :50:

Earned the right to an opinion more than most for me.

19. Big B

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Walker, Provan etc are nothing but fecking asseholes...As soon as they get a chance they slag us off.

They forget themselves but one thing, they might have got away with it way Mowbary, but Lenny will soon sort them out..

Good interview Lenny... Dont take any *..

Set your target on Keevins next.

20. mickthetim

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Mcdonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    When he said that Neil said he would buy British players and that when he came back his holiday we had signed a Mexican, a Korean
    and an Israeli! A dont understand why he has made these comments due to the fact we have signed a Welsh,Irish,Scottish and an English man in the last couple of months. All this does is give the Hun media more stories to print in regards to Neil Lennon not having full control of the team! I think this is totally anti celtic and undermines what the manager is trying to promote, as Neil said in his first interview as manager " I will have the final say on all football decisions". I do believe as an ex player Andy walker deserves his oppinion more than most but when its being delivered like this and nearly every paper is jumping on it, Does the team really need this *???? Do you ever see a Mark Hateley kicking his team when there down????..... No he picks his times to criticise his team and when he does so, he always highlights the positives first!